• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't it be Charlotte SC..?
Hey, you lot came up with "soccer" and then got mad when we started using it.

There's no real consensus over here anymore amongst supporters. Some fan groups stuck with soccer. Some appreciate that football is actually played with a foot and a ball (as opposed to Am. footy), so reverted to football along with you guys.

Big country, lots of cultures, etc etc.

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly a ‘real riot, fighting everywhere’ outside the Riverside according to my Boro ST mate trying to get out safely with his lad.

'Twas always going to be the case, as I said earlier in the thread there's a real rivalry between the two sets of fans even before the latest shenanigans. Derby City Centre gets locked down for Boro games in the same way as it does Forest as strange as that sounds

Another head injury seemingly mismanaged yesterday in the Leeds v United game with Robin Koch being taken off shortly after being passed to carry on.

At which point will football start to use the concussion protocol/temporary sub which was brought in for exactly this situation?

Should hope not, he looks shite.

Guedes has been "inevitable" for about five years.

I haven't really seen him outside of Portugal NT performances. IIRC the Portuguese NT manager is a bit of a dolt so I won't be judging him too harshly on that

Also, Charlotte FC’s first match is today (away to DC United). Kick is 11pm GMT if anyone will be up that late! I would love to convert a couple of ya (as I’ll be proselytizing the good word of Wolves here).

Anywho, I’m properly stoked to see it finally happen after so many years and failed bids. I have a hometown football club today!

Also, Charlotte FC’s first match is today (away to DC United). Kick is 11pm GMT if anyone will be up that late! I would love to convert a couple of ya (as I’ll be proselytizing the good word of Wolves here).

Anywho, I’m properly stoked to see it finally happen after so many years and failed bids. I have a hometown football club today!
You going Alan?

Enjoy the experience Alan. Bet you can't wait to rock your Wolves shirt at their first home game! ;)

They’ll all be shouting “DEFENCE,DEFENCE, DEFENCE” and “Charlotte soccerball we are the best” etc etc
Alan will be leading the ultras or trying to sort decent chants out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back