• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never changed to kph, still on good old mph...and our signs are still in miles
Going from my house to get shopping in Tesco @Banbridge (Northern Ireland, a well known suburb of the UK)
You come to a point on the Dual carriageway where you enter NI., and the signs change over to British ones. Interestingly, you don't get one that says MPH you get instead a white disc with a diagonal black line through it. ( for those who don't know that means 'the National speed limit applies'), which is unhelpful for people arriving from another country, but that of course is a change to 70mph. the speed prior to that sign is 120kph which is actually 74.5mph.

I'm sure they will remind you at the hard customs border that is inevitable under the Brexit plan thought up by the fuckwit we have in charge.

Good old Colin eh, let’s give him another montage on sky sports news.

Rumours there were quite a few well known older managers that took bungs.

Brown envelopes were definitely a thing up to the early 2010's

When did the floppy chopped cunt retire?

He announced it on Soccer Saturday last week. Like fuck is he turning it down if some Ragarse Rovers outfit struggling in the Championship offers him a job next February.

He was saying in 2001 that he was quitting soon.

I think in the 80s it was more a case of who wasn't on the take

More targeted around signings now I would guess. Match fees are small beer

Tbf, when I lived in Derbyshire around 2004 I saw him a few times walking round with his grandkids and had a couple of chats about the game with him... He always seemed pleasant enough. Or maybe I'm an atrocious judge of character! 😅

Tbf, when I lived in Derbyshire around 2004 I saw him a few times walking round with his grandkids and had a couple of chats about the game with him... He always seemed pleasant enough. Or maybe I'm an atrocious judge of character! 😅
I always wonder if 'celebs' are different in real life to their public persona, I mean surely there's some on here who are different characters to the ones they post as on forums? 🤣🤣

More targeted around signings now I would guess. Match fees are small beer
It all goes to agents these days in a 'legal' way. Where some of that money gets passed on afterwards is open to conjecture. On a completely unrelated theme Niko Kranjcar had an interesting career arc.

Gotta wonder how many refs have been on the take over the years too

Road matches continue to show the talent deficit Charlotte is facing. Lost 2-1 at New England last night. Played okay but the goal was out of nothing and we weren’t terribly threatening up to that point.

One of our CBs, Makoun, also showed he isn’t good enough for this level. A total bombscare defender which you simply cannot afford when you invite the high press as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back