• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that time Sky Sports tried to charge fans £15 per game during the pandemic?

They aren't allies of supporters, only bitter that they weren't the preferred broadcaster.

Nauseating.

Screenshot_20220419-181725_Twitter.jpg

Remember that time Sky Sports tried to charge fans £15 per game during the pandemic?

They aren't allies of supporters, only bitter that they weren't the preferred broadcaster.

Nauseating.

View attachment 5298
I watched Super Greed on Sky docs last week and the thought occurred to me that Sky were just bitter about not getting the contact.

It was only briefly mentioned about broadcast money and not who the broadcasters were.

It was a good doc but barely visible around the elephant in the room.

There was a preferred broadcaster? Missed that detail.

Just reading and seeing the abuse Liverpool fans got from United and City 'fans'.

What an absolute bunch of scumbags. There seems to be a problem brewing with young men and football again.

Just reading and seeing the abuse Liverpool fans got from United and City 'fans'.

What an absolute bunch of scumbags. There seems to be a problem brewing with young men and football again.
It's what they're sticking up their nasal cavities. It's absolutely rife at the moment. A cunt substance for cunts.

It's what they're sticking up their nasal cavities. It's absolutely rife at the moment. A cunt substance for cunts.
There's that and social media desensitises people. Just an extention of the country in general which has become ridiculously tribal

Small joys for Charlotte FC as we took a point from a 0-0 draw at Colorado.

We struggled to create much and I'm not sure what the solution in midfield is. Could just be a matter of time as they continue to gel together. As it is, all three CMs are guilty of slowing down the game when we have a numerical advantage, which is frustrating as hell. Swiderski also notably struggled with the altitude in Denver.

Still, we kept a clean sheet and generally shut down anything threatening Colorado put together. First ever road point!

Also worth noting; Colorado looked the better side up until the 40th minute or so, when old Jack Price appeared to pull a hamstring. Colorado were noticeably worse after he went off.

Also also, it's becoming pretty clear that Fuchs is done physically. Tough spot as he's clearly a leader and we need someone of his experience, but he's a liability at both LB and CB.

Last edited:
Southampton full-back Tino Livramento is expected to be out for the rest of 2022 with an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury.

Sad news as he has had a good breakthrough season.

Good player, it's a weird quirk how we suddenly have at least five players you could put at RB for England and feel comfortable. Hope he comes back without any ill effects.

ION, League One is ridiculous. Someone could end up missing the playoffs with 83 points. Wigan will go up just about but they've properly crawled over the line, no wins in five and aren't mathematically there yet.

Crikey. I thought it was incredibly tough when we missed out under Jackett, and we only had 78 points!

Walsall announce Poundland as new principal partners.

New stadium name and shirt sponsorship will be included in the 3-year deal.

It's ends the club's 15-year partnership with Banks's brewery.

FRW_G43X0AIYJC3

Poundland really does seem a suitable sponsor for the home of the waaahmbulance.

Good god, this is enough to put off managers, players, and even fans. Who is going to buy that shirt or want to wear it!?

At least they haven't sold their soul to a Betting Company or some Bitcoin bollocks. As funny as the name of the Stadium its good a local company is supporting them.

Would be demanding Tickets for a £1 though (even though Poundland now sell things for more than that and had to have a court tell them to drop the "Everything is £1" slogan they used for years)

Many years back I did a training programme with Poundland, impressive set up. Used to annoy the fuck out of me when people would ask "how much is this" though

Last edited:
They getting that unfunny oaf Gary Powndland in as match announcer/ spokesman?

Nowt wrong with Poundland, why pay more for the same shit somewhere else.

You aren't paying more or less, just a diiferent business model re pack/unit sizes in the main when it comes to branded stuff as with all discounters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back