• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if they'll change both?

Apparently it's something that was raised by a Maori group in NZ. Which makes pretty decent sense to me.

They won't change the All Blacks name. Rugby is a religion in New Zealand and the shirt is what every kid dreams of wearing.

Apparently it's something that was raised by a Maori group in NZ. Which makes pretty decent sense to me.

What does he even blow for?
I think the blows for a foul by the defender that gave the ball away. He is leaning on the player, thats about the only foul I can see. Think he blows thinking the next defender has the ball.

I think the blows for a foul by the defender that gave the ball away. He is leaning on the player, thats about the only foul I can see. Think he blows thinking the next defender has the ball.
Soft as fuck!

Why would they? The rugby team wasn't called the "All Blacks" because it was made up entirely of black players.

I'm all for changing terms that are a bit out of kilter these days, but this is stupid. Are we stopping Liverpool fans from calling themselves "Reds" then?

Their Rugby Union team plays in an all black kit and is known as the All Blacks.

Their football team chose to play in white and was then known as the All Whites.
the badminton team are known as the Black Cocks

Last edited:
Why would they? The rugby team wasn't called the "All Blacks" because it was made up entirely of black players.

I'm all for changing terms that are a bit out of kilter these days, but this is stupid. Are we stopping Liverpool fans from calling themselves "Reds" then?

We better had, the gammons will cry else. Nobody protects them waaaaah

New Zealand's FA is looking into changing the official team nickname away from the "All Whites".

Probably the right thing to do, although admittedly I've no clue about the origin of the name.
Wtf, why? the colour of the kit and the related nick name has no basis in race

Easy for messages to get lost in translation.
Not harming anyone to come up with something different, is it?

You wouldn’t keep using the F word for cigarettes if you came over to the US, despite the British etymology being totally benign AFAIK.

You must have miseheard, surely its the ‘super shite army’?

Easy for messages to get lost in translation.
Not harming anyone to come up with something different, is it?

You wouldn’t keep using the F word for cigarettes if you came over to the US, despite the British etymology being totally benign AFAIK.
The All Blacks is purely due to the kit that they have worn since the team was first created and is the most marketable brand in world rugby by an enormous street.

If they tried to change it there would be riots in the land of the long white cloud.

Quite right. The All Whites is equally kit related. An odd decision this and probably makes more problems than it solves.

Guess we'd need to get a Maori perspective on it.

Which I mean legitimately, not as a copout.

I tell I lie. They play in All Black with red shirt cuffs and a Maori tattoo motif throughout the shirt. It’s a fucking brilliant shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back