• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

I am surprised that no club has implemented some form of dynamic pricing for demand for tickets to be honest.
I think that it was mentioned in the past on here that Derby do although I could be wrong.

Ticket revenue is a very small percentage of income compared to tv rights
I was wondering whether this sort of thing is considered holistically, or is the person who has the match day revenue target different to the person who has TV/Media sponsorship targets?

I fucking hate that football club, and every cunt that supports it
Yup. Their houlier than thou routine when we all know they are the club that has brought the biggest shame on English football through the actions of their fans.

Yup. Their houlier than thou routine when we all know they are the club that has brought the biggest shame on English football through the actions of their fans.
what the fuck? this is total bollocks.

what the fuck? this is total bollocks.
I think he's probably referring to Heysel, where there is some culpability although the inquiry was a whitewash designed to exonerate UEFA. Interestingly the Thatcher Government commissioned it's own report presumably to put the boot in further given her views on football, which found the deaths were the result of the facilities. Given the environment of the time Heysel was likely to happen whoever was playing at that stadium, it happened to be Liverpool.

Last edited:
I knew the reference was to Heysel, but shame was brought onto english football by numerous teams, including the behaviour of fans following the national team too.
Heysel isn't an isolated incident.

Oh come on. 35 people died and English clubs were banned for years. Of course it is the greatest night of shame even allowing for the fact that the ground was a death trap and Juve fans were also no angels on the night

Liverpool and Juventus also both wrote to UEFA asking for the game to be rescheduled at the Bernabeau or Camp Nou but UEFA pressed ahead with hosting it in a decrepit shithole and then threw their hands up in shock when it literally collapsed.

UEFA designated section Z of the stadium as for neutrals but Italian supporters were able to obtain tickets in this area. There was flimsy segregation and then the disorder began with disaster following.

We learned less than a month ago a stupid ticketing policy can lead to absolute carnage in 2024. So what did anybody think was going to happen in 1985?

Liverpool fans fired the gun but UEFA loaded it.

Back