• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

£206m wage bill and total losses of £295m over the three year period.

Jesus wept.

If they don't go up I wonder what the EFL will do to them, after all the stuff Leicester spouted about them recently.

I haven't seen much of Leicester this season, James Justin always seemed to look decent in the PL. Could be worth a look for us

I haven't seen much of Leicester this season, James Justin always seemed to look decent in the PL. Could be worth a look for us
He suffered a few injuries - without them I think he’d have been in demand last summer. Looks really good when I’ve watched him.

That can't be right surely? Some folks on here say Fosun haven't invested in players.

Don't forget that since those figures, we've lost Raul, Neves, Moutino, Adama, Coady, Nunes, Costa, Collins - at least £500k a week, and replaced it with filler like Santi, Doyle, Doc and Bellegarde at a cost of £100k, for a total reduction in the region of £20m per year

What those figures also show is how uncompetitive the PL will become with all clubs being forced to not spend more than 70%.

The bigger clubs are all under the 70% figure comfortably, for the others to drop under 70% you'd think that would equate to a drop-off in playing staff quality. There are a few outliers of course, whether that has longevity remains to be seen.

Just watched that Connor Gallagher mascot clip, Pochettino saying it’s been taken out of context but he looks to me to be knowing exactly what he’s doing.

Just watched that Connor Gallagher mascot clip, Pochettino saying it’s been taken out of context but he looks to me to be knowing exactly what he’s doing.
Hadn’t heard about it until you mentioned. It’s weird behaviour. Makes eye contact with his hand FFS

Yeah, happy to high five the white kid but the black kid ain’t getting any.

It’s very strange how he leaves the kid hanging though isn’t it!

Think it's just unfortunate timing, looks like the kid has tried and failed the same with whoever is just disappearing out of shot in front of Gallagher too. When Gallagher first looks up from the first kid, little Mr high and dry still has his arm pointed away from Gallagher so he gets a shoulder pat and then Gallagher is looking off elsewhere oblivious.

Back