• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

That's outrageous
And, of course, there will be loads of hangers on taking free flights to interesting locations for obvious reasons just like in the financial services, armaments and other industries. The scope for kickbacks will be enormous.

Don't really see what he's moaning about here. Lucky they'll let the sister take the ticket on imo
It’s a very tricky situation. I can understand not transferring loyalty points as otherwise other loyal supporters will not move up the priority list. I think it’s something clubs should have a clear policy on so that everyone knows where they stand. The approach they’ve taken makes it more likely deaths won’t be reported. I seem to recall that Liverpool had a significant number of dead season ticket holders and had some sort of amnesty but don’t know if it extended to loyalty points.

It’s a very tricky situation. I can understand not transferring loyalty points as otherwise other loyal supporters will not move up the priority list. I think it’s something clubs should have a clear policy on so that everyone knows where they stand. The approach they’ve taken makes it more likely deaths won’t be reported. I seem to recall that Liverpool had a significant number of dead season ticket holders and had some sort of amnesty but don’t know if it extended to loyalty points.
There was a probably apocryphal story towards the end of Fergie's time at Utd that 25% of their sths were dead

Finding out if someone is deceased or not is fairly easy these days when you have their name and address

Finding out if someone is deceased or not is fairly easy these days when you have their name and address
Obviously but if the club gets paid why would they bother to look? If he’d renewed and had it sent to his own address how would the club know?

Obviously but if the club gets paid why would they bother to look? If he’d renewed and had it sent to his own address how would the club know?
There are providers like Experian, LexisNexis etc who do this kind of data checking as part of their core business.

I'd imagine the club need to protect themselves from taking payments from dead people, opens them up to questions around fraud, treating customers fairly etc

There are providers like Experian, LexisNexis etc who do this kind of data checking as part of their core business.

I'd imagine the club need to protect themselves from taking payments from dead people, opens them up to questions around fraud, treating customers fairly etc
LexisNexis 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Never had the pleasure, the Experian stuff is alright though - if a little pricey
Dunno how they are as a user, but as an integrator (IE, making an application talk to LN's data), they're awful!

777 Partners have requested more time to complete the Everton takeover. If what I've read is correct Everton have until Monday to repay a loan of approximately £150m to a company called MSP Sports Capital or MSP can take up on option to take control of the club. Its reported that they are unlikely to do so but it just shows how close to the brink the club are. 777 are struggling to finance the deal to purchase and nobody will touch them with a bargepole if they get relegated.

It’ll be the premier league fault probably, just need to look at this and realise all the mess at Everton sits at Moshiri door. The fact he’s trying to sell to them is abhorrent.

Premier league PSR to stay the same for one more season. A few clubs with high wages to turnover figures will be breathing a sigh of relief.

Premier league PSR to stay the same for one more season. A few clubs with high wages to turnover figures will be breathing a sigh of relief.
Chelsea and Man City clenching again though.

Back