• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Give it a week and he will be "shit, I thought this was a team from Birmingham, Alabama"

Apologies for the source (and salt intake required when consuming from this source)

There'll be a team from the Faroe Islands in the European group stages next season.

Klaksvik beat Häcken in the Champions League second round qualifiers last night so even if they lose to Molde next and then whoever in a Europa League playoff, they'll be in the Conference League groups.

Rangers have Servette in their CL qualifier next week after the Swiss team knocked out Genk.

There'll be a team from the Faroe Islands in the European group stages next season.

Klaksvik beat Häcken in the Champions League second round qualifiers last night so even if they lose to Molde next and then whoever in a Europa League playoff, they'll be in the Conference League groups.

Rangers have Servette in their CL qualifier next week after the Swiss team knocked out Genk.
Hell of an away day for whoeever draws them (assuming their home... er, "stadium" seems too generous, gets a pass from UEFA).

EDIT: According to wikipedia it was renovated for European matches in 2019, so I guess so.

I suppose you're ok if you can't get a ticket...

1280px-Vi%C3%B0_Dj%C3%BApum%C3%BDrar%2C_Klaksv%C3%ADk.jpg

I reckon it would be a great if somewhat chilly away day. The Faroes are supposed to be beautiful

West Ham finished pre-season with:

Dagenham D 2-2
Rennes L 1-3
Leverkusen L 0-4

Still not signed anyone and Moyes and the new DoF hate each other.

Close to signing someone from Ajax and few rumours Moyes has won the battle and a proper bid for JWP will be made.

Villa have got Hibs or Luzern in their Conference League qualifier

Rangers have PSV or Sturm Graz in the CL knockout if they beat Servette

Richard Masters (Prem CE) was on Sky talking about refs being a lot stricter with team wasting time.
"Team winning 1-0 taking 2 and 3 minutes to take a throw in, player will be booked and that 2 or 3 minutes will be added on to the end of that half."
Senior players coming out with complaints that it will result in more injuries!
Bollocks! You're hardly likely to be injured waiting for some cunt to take a throw in etc are you?

It’s Varane and Guardiola. And they don’t really give a rats arse about that bit. It’s the not being allowed to badger the ref that is upsetting the sky six. A few minutes injury time is a smokescreen for where their real grievance lies.

Chelsea now under investigation for financial breaches, expect the square root of fuck all to happen.
Man City and Chelsea - what will happen ? Very little one assumes .

Think of all the sides that have been deducted points over the last 20 odd years - all small clubs relatively speaking . However , when you're a big name it's a different story .

Villa's Emi Buendia has a serious knee injury and will miss most of next season.

Villa's Emi Buendia has a serious knee injury and will miss most of next season.
That's a big loss, IMO. Emery seemed to have Buendia on annoyingly good form.

Just a friendly, obviously, but thought some of y'all might find this as interesting to watch as I did.

The split from Giselle has really hit Tom hard if he's spending his Saturday afternoons in the company of these mouth breathers.

Back