• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

That comment from Greenwood is a load of bollocks too. He wasn’t cleared. The charges were dropped because his girlfriend refused to pursue it. Like so many domestic abuse victims. The audio is out there. We all know what he is.
That whole situation boils my fucking blood.

Fuck United - they get absolutely no credit for being obviously and unwillingly bounced into the right decision.

Good work by the Athletic, too - this wouldn't have happened without their reporting.

Yeah no credit to Man Utd only reversed the decision once they realised the backlash they would receive.
Going by the “he’s not been convicted” mantra is the ultimate burying your head in the sands behaviour.
People and the public are not stupid and know full well what happened.

Yeah no credit to Man Utd only reversed the decision once they realised the backlash they would receive.
Going by the “he’s not been convicted” mantra is the ultimate burying your head in the sands behaviour.
I think the 'not convicted' mantra as you put it was probably insisted on by his lawyers.

Whilst factually correct we all know what he is.

It's worse than that though as his quote is "I was cleared of all charges". No you weren't...

They've only just stopped short of 'can a bloke

rape
his girlfriend anyway?'

Fuck me.

The only shame of him not going back there is him not getting the 90 minutes of abuse he'd get every week for the next ten years the fucking arsehole richly deserves.

Where's Solskjær coaching? He's got form for helping these should-be-eunuchs out.

Thing is, all United will now do is likely loan him out, then sell him. They haven’t terminated his contract. They will still profit from it.

I think it was "leaked" to test the water.
Within hours of the story coming out they got their answer and released a statement.
Last few days have been about getting an agreement with the player on best way to handle his departure.

They'd have to pay him up even if they'd in practice sacked him given he's not been convicted of anything or liable for gross misconduct dismissal. I don't have an issue with them selling him abroad, it's not their fault he's a wrong un. I reserve the right to change my opinion if he goes to Saudi for £100m

Leaving aside what an obvious scumbag he is, his ability seems to have massively grown in his enforced absence. He isn't that bloody good. 22 goals in two and a half seasons for a perennial top 6 club isn't megastar territory.

They'd have to pay him up even if they'd in practice sacked him given he's not been convicted of anything or liable for gross misconduct dismissal. I don't have an issue with them selling him abroad, it's not their fault he's a wrong un. I reserve the right to change my opinion if he goes to Saudi for £100m
Whilst it's not their fault he is a wrong un, he has been with them since he was 6 years old, so 16 years of watching him grow up and assess & nuture him on & off the pitch.
Somewhere along the lines alarm bells must have been ringing (say more then once that red flags were raised) but were overlooked for what he did on the pitch.
(No doubt United are not the only club guilty of this attitude)

Plenty of abusers are excellent at keeping the mask up. They manipulate the bystanders just as much as their victims. I also understand why people ignore the signs of something like this, especially when it's someone they've known for a long time; I think we generally don't want to accept that folks are capable of causing such harm in such an intimate way, at least when it's right in front of our face.

Once the audio was released, that really should have been that.

I'm amazed that his behaviour isn't a breach of some sort of code of conduct that should result in him having his contract terminated.

I'm amazed that his behaviour isn't a breach of some sort of code of conduct that should result in him having his contract terminated.
Amazing what happens when talent and value are involved.

Flip the incident to say, Phil Jones and he would have been released months ago without an internal investigation

We definitely need an NFL style Personal Conduct Policy built into contracts.

I think it was "leaked" to test the water.
Within hours of the story coming out they got their answer and released a statement.
Last few days have been about getting an agreement with the player on best way to handle his departure.

Again it’s scumbag behaviour from them though, as Gary Neville has just said it’s a case of the club dealing with it like amateurs.
It really isn’t hard to judge that keeping him at the club looks awful and shows a complete lack of empathy towards domestic abuse sufferers.

Yeah I’d boycott games until he left the club, goes against every grain of decency I’ve got left in my body.

Back