• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Dale Vince inviting interruptions at Forest Green.

Just Stop Oil’s lead funder Dale Vince has warned that more high-profile sport is on the organisation’s target list as it seeks to jolt more people out of 'sleepwalking' amid a worsening climate crisis.

I might join Stop Oil. Not a fan of what they are doing but they seem to find it dead easy to get tickets for some top events.
Couldn't understand when they ran out at Lords right at the beginning of the day. At least wait till after tea, you'd have been able to watch some cracking cricket, which woud have cost a fair whack for the ticket, and more people would have been watching on telly at that point..

Just “met” Julian Gressell and Miles Robinson, tried to politely be like “hey I appreciate y’all” and holy shit they both gave me the hardest mean mug faces I’ve ever seen.

My word.

prices-tix.jpg

Carlton Palmer will be fuming!

Is that a lot?

It's astronomical for second tier football in a ground that has bits that are closed for being dangerous. A ground that they also never fill.

UEFA relaxes multi-club rules to allow three groups dual entries into European competition this season.

• Aston Villa + Vitoria
• Brighton + Union Saint-Gilloise
• Milan + Toulouse

Conditions include no within-group transfers and no joint scouting or player database sharing.

no joint scouting or player database sharing.
How on earth are they meant to police this? Thumb drive with a huge database on it and that's circumvented piece of piss.

It will be a Chinese walls set up like when a law firm is dealing with both sides of a merger or suchlike. Impossible to really police and a lot of trust involved that nothing untoward is happening.

Listened to a favourite podcast last night, it's called 'SWINDLED!' and there are over 95 stories about white collar crime, con artists and corporate evil.
Strongly suggest you check it out, each one is between 40 mins and 70 mins long.
No. 14 is called The Association. And its about FIFA and Concacaf. Wow, the corruption and bribing and how the UK didn't get the World cup but Qatar did, how the US didn't but Russia did, really interest stuff. Rivetting!
The guy researches and writes it himself, the delivery is a little deadpan, but he has a very dry sense of humour.
Well worth a listen when you're out with your dog.
American Carbide, that mad bastard who built the worlds highest water shute in Kansas with plans drawn up on a fag packet, Johnson and Johnson, Dalkon Shield, Remington Rifles, Chiquito Bananas, McDonalds, Wyclef Jean, they're all bad corrupt and dishonest fuckers and they're all in here.
Also, that cunt Ingram who won 'Who Wants To Be a Millionaire', Nestle, The Flint Water Crisis in Michigan and loads more!

Chiquita Bananas. :)

Oh right ho!
They get a mention too!
Really bad fuckers.
Ta.
Also, I can't figure out how to reply to your post on my "profile".

If there's a specific definition in the US for city vs. town vs. township, I don't know it. There's a ton of niche classifications and they likely vary from state to state. In natural parlance, though, 3+ towers = city, anything less = town. At least in my experience. There are plenty of little localities that really live up to the "one stoplight" cliché, but I'd still call them towns, probably.

Back