• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

I can’t wait to show you Wolverhampton cathedral when you get here…
I'm certain y'all beat the piss out of Charlotte's transportation infrastructure (no matter how bad you think Wolves is, I promise Charlotte is worse), so even if it's what I'd think of as a "town" more than a "city" in American terms, there'd certainly be plenty for me to be jealous of.

I try not to put value judgements on the size of a place.

Besides, Molineux vs. BofA? Aside from immature jokes, BofA has to be second best there, for a huge number of reasons. Not least of which is that Molineux was actually designed for soccer.

Wolverhampton isn’t exactly a hamlet with a population of around 250,000. Distinct lack of Cathedral activity though, yet it is a city. How bizarre eh?

I loved it when Wolves became a City.

Change the road signs that pointed towards the Town Centre?...nah whack some shit stickers over the word town.

Mitrovic looks like he's off to Saudi Arabia. Al Hilal offer £25m.

Also, I can't figure out how to reply to your post on my "profile".

If there's a specific definition in the US for city vs. town vs. township, I don't know it. There's a ton of niche classifications and they likely vary from state to state. In natural parlance, though, 3+ towers = city, anything less = town. At least in my experience. There are plenty of little localities that really live up to the "one stoplight" cliché, but I'd still call them towns, probably.
Just Googled it.
'In general, any place with more than 2,500 residents can be considered a city, and anything with fewer residents can be considered a town.'
But yes, I think some states might do it differently. Or not at all.
But I like your 3+ Skyscrapers though.

I think a lot of Americans find British denotations add to the kind of surreal ~land of fairies~ quality people associate with the Isles. When we hear "village", I think most of us imagine muddy roads, horse-drawn carriages, and thatch-roofed houses!

I think a lot of Americans find British denotations add to the kind of surreal ~land of fairies~ quality people associate with the Isles. When we hear "village", I think most of us imagine muddy roads, horse-drawn carriages, and thatch-roofed houses!
Nah mate that's a Hamlet

Alas, poor Yorick...

Just Googled it.
'In general, any place with more than 2,500 residents can be considered a city, and anything with fewer residents can be considered a town.'
But yes, I think some states might do it differently. Or not at all.
But I like your 3+ Skyscrapers though.
St David’s in wales is a city with a cathedral, and a population of 1841

The bits we don't see when we take the piss or have a go at them for throwing away a career.
Ah, good old defence mechanism, my old friend.

"I'll sort all this out myself, I don't need any help"

Well you won't and you do.

Some truly awful stuff he has been through. Fair play to G-Nev for giving him a platform and for the most part just listening.

So frustrating that there are a lot of comments (on the video page) that treat mental health like it only exists as a get out of jail free card for people who screw up.

I live with this shit every day, it’s not a card you ever want to play and I promise that using it comes with its own cost. You never tell someone “I missed x because of a major depressive episode” and come out looking the same to them on the other side.

Away from his personal battles our scum press manage to get in on the action. Messaging his team to say they know where he is after he entered rehab.
So a few weeks after coming out of that he has had to essentially push himself to do an interview to stop shitty headlines which no doubt would have been "Deli's Rehab Shame" or similar.

Fifa starting to put a block on Saudi incomings. First off Al Nassr got to clear debts before anymore players come in.

Back