• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

If you read the article it says they are unlikely to be done because of a loophole around them being relegated

We had our share of morons. However, I don't remember any of our dickheads being partly blame for the deaths of others.
I was at Scarborough and sure there were plenty of antics going on, however, comparing that to what Liverpool did in Europe is small change. Liverpool were by far the worst in my opinion. I'll leave it at that.
That there were no deaths was down to luck. Some of the battles, including in the north bank were really violent no holds barred.
A mate and i got the wrong train from wolves to brum and got on the qpr footie special to euston. We got batteted and if we hadnt locked ourselves in the toilet and just barricaded the door all the way to euston, i'm not so sure i would be here to tell the tale. As i say no fatalities, just luck.

Even if they are within the Premier league rules, I’d imagine that they will be in trouble in terms with UEFA. We had squad restrictions for the following season in Euro competitions without coming anywhere near the highest loss in Europe.

Last edited:
Villa announce £120m loss for 22/23 period.

They're confident they'll comply though.

So my understanding is that you can lose £105m in 3 years. How does losing £120m in on year translate to not breaking the rules? Everton lost £119m in 3 years and got clobbered.What am I missing?

"wage costs rose to £194.2m"... that's more than our turnover. Shows what we are up against.

So my understanding is that you can lose £105m in 3 years. How does losing £120m in on year translate to not breaking the rules? Everton lost £119m in 3 years and got clobbered.What am I missing?

"wage costs rose to £194.2m"... that's more than our turnover. Shows what we are up against.
Its a 3 year cycle not a 1 year one and they sold a player for £100m in this cycle. FFP losses are different from losses in the actual final Accounts as you can deduct elements of qualifying expenditure for example on academies, female teams, other projects.

A combined profit of £15m in the other two years would make them compliant. Not to mention that financial accounting P&L includes things that are excluded from PSR/FFP calculations, like infrastructure, academy, women's teams etc

777 Dodgy Fuckers will stop loaning money to Everton to fund the Stadium/enabling the paying of bills at the end of March.

Guessing they will also be quite aggressive at asking for their ££ back if the PL reject the takeover.

Guessing they will also be quite aggressive at asking for their ££ back if the PL reject the takeover.
They've gone about it the wrong way from that point of view, if Everton did go into admin then they're well down the queue of who gets paid. Almost as if they're total amateurs.

They've gone about it the wrong way from that point of view, if Everton did go into admin then they're well down the queue of who gets paid. Almost as if they're total amateurs.
They just have some guarantees behind the loans. Something solid the club own that becomes theirs if they default - training ground, Goodison, Jordan Pickford etc

TNT have won the rights to the FA Cup from 25/6, although there will still be live games on a yet to be announced terrestrial broadcaster
Looks like BBC have got the last remaining few.

1. Ultras? Get in the bin with that shit 😅
2. Nice idea, give a load of people nicotine products, good stuff.
3. Isn't vaping against the rules at football grounds?
4. Disposable vapes produce fuck all smoke, it will do nothing 😅

Not sure what the new PSR rules are exactly but it’ll just be another case of everyone’s place in the pyramid pretty much set in stone well in the PL at least. Just a case of you need fairly wealthy owners who know what they’re doing. Realisation I think is hitting Villa and Newcastle that they’re not going to break the big 6 up on a regular basis more a fleeting visit nothing more.

Back