• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Not sure what the new PSR rules are exactly but it’ll just be another case of everyone’s place in the pyramid pretty much set in stone well in the PL at least. Just a case of you need fairly wealthy owners who know what they’re doing. Realisation I think is hitting Villa and Newcastle that they’re not going to break the big 6 up on a regular basis more a fleeting visit nothing more.
It will continue to be the case that bad management is the only reason that the Sky Six don’t occupy the top six places. Nice to see Chelsea have risen to the challenge with great aplomb. Disappointingly I suspect Man United will improve now Mr Ineos is involved.

Somebody needs to do better with the commercial sponsorships. And also make the half time competition paid entry and more testing

Sky Subscriptions will go up to as will TNT etc a definite case of people being priced out from going to games to being priced out of watching on TV. It’s why MOTD still has its place as it’s the only way many can watch PL highlights.

Championship relegation battle is tight . Sunderland are up around 11th, have no Manager , are on a bad losing streak . . .no way are they safe .

Sky Subscriptions will go up to as will TNT etc a definite case of people being priced out from going to games to being priced out of watching on TV. It’s why MOTD still has its place as it’s the only way many can watch PL highlights.
Funnily enough. Had an email yesterday from Sky saying my subscription is going up.

My Sky is going up too - £3.50 for broadband and £3.50 on my TV package. I'm in contract until June and then I'll be fucking them off unless they offer me a discount. We hardly watch anything on Sky anyway.

I don't understand how companies are "allowed" to put prices up whilst people are in contract.

Surely that's the point in a contract? You pay the set fee for the period you signed up for.
Yeah it pisses me off too. They never used to allow it until a couple of years ago.

Torquay going into admin and docked 10 points. Puts them in jeopardy of dropping below National League South even if they find a buyer.

Torquay going into admin and docked 10 points. Puts them in jeopardy of dropping below National League South even if they find a buyer.

Bad news ever present league members from 1927-2007 and 5 more seasons from 2012.
Their natural level is tier 4, tier 5 in bad year.
Means they’ll be on a par with Plymouth Parkway, Tiverton, Dorchester.

They're still just outside the relegation places even with the deduction but now means they have serious work to do and who knows what the administrators will do, they could lose players and they're already in desperately poor form.

Their now ex-owner is a proper piece of work, one of those who tries to swoop in and get involved in clubs (done it in speedway too) purely to get hold of the ground.

Back