• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

As an aside I think the Saudis are going to look to spend a fortune again as Neves' side have won 1 Cup, in the semis of the other, are walking the league being unbeaten in it all season and are in the final of the Asian Cup. They'll want to even it up

As an aside I think the Saudis are going to look to spend a fortune again as Neves' side have won 1 Cup, in the semis of the other, are walking the league being unbeaten in it all season and are in the final of the Asian Cup. They'll want to even it up

An uncompetitive league is a really bad look for them.

The last 2 performances by both Celtic and Rangers in the group stages have been beyond bad.
Seems to be a big annoyance about it.
I’m not sure where the Scottish league thinks it should be in the pecking order.

Yep was gonna post that too.

Clear plan for Fosun, get one of their investment companies or just Guo to buy something off us. Job done.

777 Partners have requested more time to complete the Everton takeover. If what I've read is correct Everton have until Monday to repay a loan of approximately £150m to a company called MSP Sports Capital or MSP can take up on option to take control of the club. Its reported that they are unlikely to do so but it just shows how close to the brink the club are. 777 are struggling to finance the deal to purchase and nobody will touch them with a bargepole if they get relegated.
Extension to the loan granted. I guess that they just want their money and get out as without the takeover, the likelihood is they are greater risk of losing some/all of it.

FFS.

So a ball accidently hitting a player's arm after its hit his own knee on the apex of the penalty area resulting in a free shot at goal from 12 yards is deemed a fair punishment.

But an indirect freekick for a keeper intentionally holding onto the ball for 30 seconds to waste time is too much punishment?

Bellends.

The indirect FK we scored against Sunderland in 2009 was a good one, bizarre too. They probably had about 10 men on the line and still couldn't stop it going in.

Glad they've ditched the odd split winter break, didn't work at all for me.

Later start to the season seems only marginally later once WC 22 discounted. Guess they mean an earlier finish?

Back