• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Golf Thread

You're going to have to dish some of that DDW you can't leave us hanging like that.

Last edited:
McIlroy will probably play well today. Pressure off as he binned it in the first 18 holes. Probably will shoot about a 66 and come up comfortably short as he has left himself far too much to do.

He'll always be an entertaining golfer to watch but he's never ever going to be a truly dominant force, that time has been and gone. Not to say he can't still win Majors, he's still very young in golfing terms, but you won't see him challenge Nicklaus/Woods numbers.

I know DJ has a history of being a bit flaky in closing tournaments out but he's playing too well at the moment I think.

Seems a drive from Tiger Woods went wrong today

""Tiger Woods has suffered multiple leg injuries. He is currently in surgery. The 15-time golf major winner had to be "extricated from the wreck" of a car following a crash in Los Angeles."

I am desperate to play golf this year.
Sadly, I feel that covid has resulted in my dad retiring from playing. That's a shame, as it was something we were able to do together. It was also fantastic as a form of exercise for him.
Going to try to persuade him to play at the wergs, or 3 hammers or similar.

Players at Sawgrass is great viewing. DeChambeau just topped a drive 150 yards into the water followed by Westwood with a full on slice into the lake like they were both high handicappers.

Hope Westwood hangs in there - still 2 up after 9

Players at Sawgrass is great viewing. DeChambeau just topped a drive 150 yards into the water followed by Westwood with a full on slice into the lake like they were both high handicappers.

Hope Westwood hangs in there - still 2 up after 9
Sadly not, sliced wide on an easy (for him) par 5 whilst just losing the lead.

Always been mental with Westwood rather than ability.

Was +2 thru 7, picked up 9 shots in the next 10 holes. Some sensational shots in there

He's played some unbelievable golf from the 8th. Gone from +2 to -7. Will be gutted and pleased at the same time if he wins, backed him a few times at Augusta and he's narrowly missed out but didn't think he was in any sort of form this year however i think he deserves to win here.

Long time to go. I had Retif Goosen backed once and he was leading all 3 rounds I seem to recall and then lost on the final day, convinced it was Goosen. It must have been 15 years ago as I haven't gambled in about that time.

Back