• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Lamb yesterday which was beautiful. Only trouble is it was a big leg and there's loads left over. Any ideas what to do with it apart from Rogan Josh?

Crikey. So good. Also probably the best roast potatoes I have ever made. Taste and texture sensation. I feel like Mr Creosote just before the wafer thin mint.

I cannot stress enough the boiling water step on pork crackling. Just took a pork loin out of the oven and the crackling is EPIC.
I've cooked an epic crackling topped pork shoulder and no water was harmed in it's production...

Proper envy at you lot able to cook. I know they say you can learn and trust me I’ve tried, but I’m the Dave Edwards of cooking.

Hello Fresh is probably a dirty word(s) but it’s revolutionised life in our house. I cook like an autistic chef, literal ingredient measures, temperatures, timings, and with no sense variation, imagination or flair. HF/Gusto make cooking the same as assembling an ikea wardrobe and it’s bloody great.

Would love to be better but hey, at least I feel I’m pullIng my weight and serve up healthy meals most nights to help out. Should be renamed Marriage Savers I reckon.

Had a surf 'n' turf sandwich for breakfast (beef burgers and fish fingers with burger sauce), it was smashing.
I seem to be in a fishy mood as I had prawn crisps for lunch, and will have fish cakes some way tonight...

Had a surf 'n' turf sandwich for breakfast (beef burgers and fish fingers with burger sauce), it was smashing.
I seem to be in a fishy mood as I had prawn crisps for lunch, and will have fish cakes some way tonight...
Snap, I had a prawn sarnie and prawn crisps for my lunch, was lovely but couldn't manage anything else fishy for my tea so opted for a pie.😄

Clearing out and packing away the contents of the kitchen cupboards and stumbled across this:

93900DA0-D47C-4E6E-AB41-D494471EA6BA.jpeg

I found it really funny. The wife was mortified.

• Haha
Reactions: PPB
Clearing out and packing away the contents of the kitchen cupboards and stumbled across this:

View attachment 5112

I found it really funny. The wife was mortified.
Reminds me of when I was moving back to UK and working our way down the contents of the freezers. At the bottom was a pack of pork chops, 6 years out of date. Well I think they were pork chops, with so much freezer burn you couldn't really tell.

Braised lamb shank, creamy mash, shallots and parsnip crisps.

Last edited:
Nice little result in Morrisons today. Saw a rack of lamb in the yellow label section with £1.44 reduction as it needs to be cooked today. Picked up all the bits to go with and headed for the tills to discover when I scanned it that they had pressed the wrong button setting up the reduction and so it cost me £1.44 total. Happy days. Its about to hit the oven with garlic rosemary and mint. Drooling already.

Grilled sea bass fillet, topped with fresh Guernsey crab meat & seaweed butter. Served with sauted new potatoes and mixed side salad.
That sounds absolutely fucking delicious, seriously got food envy....we're stuck with chippy tea tonight while baby sitting.

Has to be said Phil, you really do love your fish. I really only like shellfish mainly, so I wish I had your taste.

Has to be said Phil, you really do love your fish. I really only like shellfish mainly, so I wish I had your taste.
Yeah, I do. However my love of fish and seafood has a downside. Because thay are high in purines eating it can bring on gout flare-ups. Fortunately if I take my medicine, I can control uric acid levels and seriously painful gout attacks are a thing of the past.

Back