• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop raising my hopes. Should be able to find someone who is a big improvement on Semedo for well under half what we paid for him even in January.
To help with the hopes....I am spectacularly bad at predicting transfer window dealings (my last efforts were denying Dendoncker was being sold...5 mins before it was announced he was sold and then saying we wouldn't get Traore over the line in time...his signing happening 10 mins later)

We know we are looking at a RB and have the AWB link confirmed by a few. So it's either going for the rest of the season with AWB (or whoever), Semedo & Jonny or hoping Jonny can get and stay fit and Semedo is off.

Diego Simeone confirms that Cunha is about to join Wolves

We wouldn't pay that though.

Could of course be Jorge washing his money through the early 1980s Polish docks union

I’m reading it’s as wolves pay €52m. Atleti take that and pay someone a cut

I’ll need to see what zero hours contract Liam says about this in three days or so

It’s an awful lot of money. I hope he’s decent.
His record suggests (goals-wise at least) that he is very far from decent.

This is a major gamble which seems unlikely to pay off (i really hope i’m wrong).

could he strike up a partnership with guedes?

If it doesn’t pay off, then that will guarantee the end for J-Lo.

That's gotta be some record that. Manager has had 1 Cup game, no league games, & his 1st signing who can't play for the next 2 league games risks causing his sacking? You're already calling his downfall?

Let's not pretend it's not an obscene overpayment because it is. Unfortunately all the other obscene overpayments and underpayments manager wise have led us here. There is a scenario where he's shit, we stay up and pay a fortune for him. It's unlikely though, much more likely are we stay up and he's at least reasonable or we go down and however he plays he goes back to Atletico with a hefty loan bill paid. We aren't going to go down and be on the hook for £45m, without some sort of exit plan, be that going back or spun to another Mendes team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back