• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players just aren’t up for the fight. They look alright when everything is going well, but as soon as you need them to show a bit of character, they can’t handle it. Guedes currently looks like that.

I understand things can go wrong with any signing - perhaps he’s homesick, or missing family etc. But from the outside looking in, with the number of Portuguese here etc, I’d be surprised if it’s something like that.

I get the impression the guy just thinks he’s too good for us. Maybe he felt like he was doing us a favour being here in the first place and now the goings got tough, he wants out?

After his performance against Gillingham the other night, I wouldn’t mind if I don’t have to see him in a Wolves shirt again. There’s nothing worse than someone with talent but a horrible attitude.

Can we adopt this as the TWF anthem, the word are so poignant

We just can't afford to carry players whose attitude/form/both aren't up to scratch. I've run out of patience with Guedes, we need far better to have any chance of staying up and an occasional promising performance is nowhere near enough for the money we spent on him and the game time he's had.

I don't think JL will be worried about upsetting players who aren't up for the scrap - be that Guedes or any other player who isn't playing anywhere near well enough.

Some players just aren’t up for the fight. They look alright when everything is going well, but as soon as you need them to show a bit of character, they can’t handle it. Guedes currently looks like that.

I understand things can go wrong with any signing - perhaps he’s homesick, or missing family etc. But from the outside looking in, with the number of Portuguese here etc, I’d be surprised if it’s something like that.

I get the impression the guy just thinks he’s too good for us. Maybe he felt like he was doing us a favour being here in the first place and now the goings got tough, he wants out?

After his performance against Gillingham the other night, I wouldn’t mind if I don’t have to see him in a Wolves shirt again. There’s nothing worse than someone with talent but a horrible attitude.

He's an idiot then, he's absolutely useless. Has no standout features at all and wouldn't stand out in the championship.

We just can't afford to carry players whose attitude/form/both aren't up to scratch. I've run out of patience with Guedes, we need far better to have any chance of staying up and an occasional promising performance is nowhere near enough for the money we spent on him and the game time he's had.

I don't think JL will be worried about upsetting players who aren't up for the scrap - be that Guedes or any other player who isn't playing anywhere near well enough.
Add Adama to the above as well. Woeful contribution and effort for the last couple of years. You would think he'd put some effort in to try and get at the front of the shop window..

It feels like we've been fed a series of overpriced lemons since we came up, and that we're going to look back on our time in the PL and realise we were used as some sort of money making carousel until we eventually got relegated. My optimism that sheer incompetence has got us here, rather than deliberate policy, grows weaker by the day. I'm just praying that the January window proves me wrong and that JL can make lemonade. We're in the last chance saloon now.

Oh, and Merry fucking Christmas. ;)

It feels like we've been fed a series of overpriced lemons since we came up, and that we're going to look back on our time in the PL and realise we were used as some sort of money making carousel until we eventually got relegated. My optimism that sheer incompetence has got us here, rather than deliberate policy, grows weaker by the day. I'm just praying that the January window proves me wrong and that JL can make lemonade. We're in the last chance saloon now.

Oh, and Merry fucking Christmas. ;)

Plenty of very very decent signings too though. Some transfers work out, some don't. No-one ever gets every signing right.

We've made too many poor signings over the past couple of years for sure but I'm hoping JL can change that. Cunha looks tremendous and would be an exciting start.

I really hope we can get out of the mindset where everything and anything that goes wrong is Shi's fault, and everything and anything we get right is in spite of him. Because that's not an accurate summary and it's really fucking boring to read.

So - let's hope JL has targeted some decent players who keep us up and we can regroup and re-assess in the summer ready for a far less stressful season next time. And crucially that we're able to learn from the many fuck ups along the way. Some of which have indeed been caused by Jeff Shi.

Who should we have signed this summer if we had to pick one, Guedes or Trincao?

Shockingly, I think Trincao might have been the better option, but then I've always been a fan of being shot rather than burned at the stake.

Shockingly, I think Trincao might have been the better option, but then I've always been a fan of being shot rather than burned at the stake.
It's like choosing between James Corden and Adrian Chiles

Footballing ability as well as the fact I hate them both

Told everyone Trincao was miles better than Guedes in terms of ability. It's not even close.

No idea if Cunha is going to be the spark we need, whether scoring or creating but there can't be any of this 'time getting used to the English conditions/pace of the Premier league' mullarkey, he and any other incomings need to hit the ground running or well be in deep shit come February.

Pretty sure Guedes and their fans didn't want him to leave Valencia in the first place. Think Sid Lowe said he was there for their preseason fans presentation and had a face like a wet weekend all the way through it because he knew he was out the door.

Told everyone Trincao was miles better than Guedes in terms of ability. It's not even close.
Not sure about that, haven't seen much difference tbh, one thing I will say about Guedes is he will come and put defensive challenges in (occasionally) don't think I ever saw Trincao do that, cowardly player. Both were/are very poor for the cost, glad we got rid of Trincao and I'm now of the opinion Guedes needs binning also, he's had long enough to show some improvement.

Pretty sure Guedes and their fans didn't want him to leave Valencia in the first place. Think Sid Lowe said he was there for their preseason fans presentation and had a face like a wet weekend all the way through it because he knew he was out the door.
Henri Camara was the same when he said to me at the kit launch that year 'He was happy at Wolves and loved the place' despite looking at the floor when saying it.

Wasn't he also the one that Jaoa M also joked about 'don't bother with the medical, just get him in' or something like that, I'm assuming there's something there we haven't seen yet to get Moutinho's endorsement?

Wasn't he also the one that Jaoa M also joked about 'don't bother with the medical, just get him in' or something like that, I'm assuming there's something there we haven't seen yet to get Moutinho's endorsement?
When you see the Guedes highlight reel, he is all about power and running at people with the ball. When on form he would look amazing. I guess that is what Mout was talking about and presuming we would get that Guedes

We haven't seen anything close to that and on Tuesday he had next to no fight in him. Fell over the ball, didn't want to be challenged and if he was he just hit the deck (he should have had an assist though...think it was his cross that Hodge heading wide)

Even if you are out of form, you still expect to see something from a player, some effort and when you are playing the first competitive match in front of a new manager you want that effort put in. He didn't and was very surprised he stayed on beyond half time.

Maybe he just hasn't settled here. Don't know what his set up is, are his family over here etc. Dan will of course say he looks shit because he is shit but he is better than what we are seeing but we are not in a position where we can carry him and hope he does settle down and find form.

It was his cross for Hodge, which was pinpoint to be fair to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back