• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think as a club we should be operating at a loss at all. Losing £5m a year, year on year is not sustainable, losing £105m every three years should not be a viable option

I don't think Fosun should be willing to lose money and certainly shouldn't be happy about it. Anyone suggesting they should need to give their head a wobble.
I agree that it’s not sustainable to continually lose money. There aren’t many years in the last twenty years that Wolves have made a profit.

Many posters seem to expect Fosun to invest in the club every window.

I’m sure that after buying Wolves, Fosun expected to put money into the club so that the club does well enough to generate the level of income to become self-sufficient. Perhaps they under estimated how much or how long it would take. They certainly wouldn’t have planned for their bigger financial problems. They might be prepared to invest more when their financial position improves.

Wolves seem a long way from being a self-sufficient PL club at the moment. The recent player sales and purchases offer a glimmer of hope in that direction.

So we have brought in around £144m in sales which is staggering really, as far as I can see. And spent around £25m.

Not as bad a window considering the departures. Just needed another striker.

As it stands I feel we have a fighting chance of staying up.

Happier than I was a month ago.

I dunno how to score it really. Losing Nunes is a blow although he clearly didn’t want to be here. Losing Neves is a heartbreak as he clearly did. Moutinho and Coady leaving also feels a bit end of era. The rest of the edits I don’t really give a monkeys about.

Up front we are really hoping Sasa gets fully match fit and remains the player he was in Germany. And Fabio needs to somehow find confidence and goals, neither of which seems certain.

The midfield has been completely rebuilt. Obvs Gomes and Lemina are mainstays. Bellegarde and Doyle are a bit wait and see I suppose. It looks like we won’t be seeing much of Traore B as he is falling out of favour. Gonzales is a very exciting kid, but he is still a kid. I’m waiting with great anticipation to see what he does.

Thankfully we have a centre back in. Hopefully it reduces Kilman’s minutes but I think the club will more expect Dawson to make way. We signed Doherty for some mysterious reason. It’s depth I suppose.

Sa is still here which surprises me.

I’m thinking it’s about a 4 or 5 out of ten. Funds in the bank to suggest next summer could see a splurge as Uncle Jeff suggests, but I don’t believe a word he says unfortunately.

Should be plenty good enough to stay up, but it’s a bit crap flogging off Crown Jewels.

Looking forward to watching the newcomers. All seem to be good signings but we’ve been there before. Hopefully the large incoming fees allow us to reset financially- not FFP but Fosun’s approach - and we can spend close to what we bring in in future windows. Much happier to see Hobbs bringing in players he’s scouted than getting players off the Mendes merry-go-round and I’m optimistic the four incoming players will do better than Guedes and Nunes.

Very happy with the window. It’s the destination not the journey. Glad to see the back of Nunes - never worth the money yet done us a massive favour! Excited by the incoming players - young and hungry seems to be the recruitment mantra - we’ll except for Doc who may just be hungry as he seems to have slimmed down a bit!

I'm very pleased with all the incomings. Good fees paid for the lot and they all bring something we needed to the squad. The shite we were heavily linked with (Adams, Cresswell, Reed) hasn't happened so all is well.

If Podence goes there's only really Jonny and Hwang I wouldn't want here but both of them give their all and seem like good guys.

Genuinely don't think Nunes has weakened us. He was crap 90% of the time and I think Bellegarde sounds like a perfect replacement. If he turns into Maradona at Citeh then all power to him but it was never happening here.

Considering for about 90% of the transfer window we were a complete shit show then there are surprisingly several things to be positive about.

We got very good money for Neves & Nunes and still have what looks like a good midfield. I am excited about Bellegarde and am also pleased that Traore is still here.

If I’m being greedy I would have liked another forward in but I’m not fussed that we missed out on Adams. In a way, it’s good that Fabio will have a chance to show if he actually is up to it or not.

I don’t particularly miss Lop but the jury is still very much out on the manager. At least we have a team that, on paper at least, looks like it should be able to compete.

Looking forward to watching the newcomers. All seem to be good signings but we’ve been there before. Hopefully the large incoming fees allow us to reset financially- not FFP but Fosun’s approach - and we can spend close to what we bring in in future windows. Much happier to see Hobbs bringing in players he’s scouted than getting players off the Mendes merry-go-round and I’m optimistic the four incoming players will do better than Guedes and Nunes.

Agreed on this, I’m hoping the days of the Mendes merry go ground are over. For every Neves and Jota he gave us there were Guedes and Nunes to follow.

Obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but on the face of it we’ve got some good players in for really good money, especially Doyle and Bellegarde. And it was refreshing to see we had targets lined up, and back-ups too. Too many times in the past couple of years we’ve found ourselves scrapping around.

A striker would have been nice, we'll have to hope Sasa can play a significant number of games and Fabio can add a few goals.
We have enough wide forwards/10s, dunno if they're good enough yet
Would have liked another CB but it seems Max is the man, hope that doesn't bite us in the arse.
I don't hate Sa but it's plain he doesn't want to be here (well his missus at any rate) which is always a concern.
Of course there is an inexperienced coach which may turn out to be the biggest issue.
It's gunna be interesting, probably lower mid table I think.

Agreed on this, I’m hoping the days of the Mendes merry go ground are over. For every Neves and Jota he gave us there were Guedes and Nunes to follow.

Obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but on the face of it we’ve got some good players in for really good money, especially Doyle and Bellegarde. And it was refreshing to see we had targets lined up, and back-ups too. Too many times in the past couple of years we’ve found ourselves scrapping around.
I wish you'd stop putting Guedes and Nunes together, they aren't remotely the same.

Whatever you think of Nunes he is a world class talent and we may have replaced him with a world class talent but we have no idea if Bellegarde is the next Pires or Sansom..

I`m a bit underwhelmed and puzzled. Have we signed any first team players or are they fringe/break through/ back-up signings? No striker? Seriously? So we are relying on Sasa staying fit and Silva finding a pair of shooting boots from somewhere. I suppose survival is the most important thing. Another low scoring season anyone? The Doyle signing is a good piece of business though, don`t know about the other signings. I`d never heard of them before yesterday. Got out the wrong side of bed this morning.

I wish you'd stop putting Guedes and Nunes together, they aren't remotely the same.

Whatever you think of Nunes he is a world class talent and we may have replaced him with a world class talent but we have no idea if Bellegarde is the next Pires or Sansom..
Nunes has had flashes of brilliance with accompanying woeful passsing ability and is clearly an outstanding ball carrier but is nowhere near world class at the moment.

Nunes has had flashes of brilliance with accompanying woeful passsing ability and is clearly an outstanding ball carrier but is nowhere near world class at the moment.
Pep disagrees with you.

I do too but y'know that's a given with you and I.

And my point was he and Guedes aren't in the same class but you've ignored that.

I wasn’t comparing them in class, I was comparing them in attitude/desire to be here. Of course Nunes is streets ahead of Guedes in terms of ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back