• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Pulis is going. May his mange-ridden football never darken the earth again.

(Of course, some idiot will employ him)

Agree on Pulis.

As for Houghton, I think it's the right decision for Brighton to make and exactly the type of decision I wish we'd have made after we survived on the last day in our second PL season under McCarthy. Houghton had Brighton playing some awful football and I think anything above a relegation battle is beyond him as a manager.

However, replacing him with Potter seems like a very risky decision. It's not exactly Southampton replacing Adkins with Pochettino is it.

Looks like Pulis is going. May his mange-ridden football never darken the earth again.

(Of course, some idiot will employ him)

Contract is up isn't it? From the way Boro have been talking this year they will have to sell and then sell some more. Pulis is probably doing the right thing walking away

However, replacing him with Potter seems like a very risky decision..

Think Potter has done a decent job at Swansea considering they were having to get rid of anyone whith a degree of value. Their performance v City in the FA Cup was superb as well. Wouldn't call it very risky and would be better than the usual recycling of shite managers

Frank Lampard's Derby is on the 3 man shortlist too

Brighton had to act. Hughton's brand of non football was awful. The second worse team we played this season after Huddersfield. Still could not beat them mind!

David Flitcroft sacked by Mansfield. Promotion at all costs was the expectation, miss top three by one point and lose in the playoffs on pens = binned.

David Flitcroft sacked by Mansfield. Promotion at all costs was the expectation, miss top three by one point and lose in the playoffs on pens = binned.

I do quite like Flitcroft as a lower league manager, though Mansfield did absolutely melt that last month or so, some pretty poor results in there - which I think is what happened to them last year after he took over, sliding from 4th in the playoffs to just outside of them in around a months time.

From what I could tell Flitcroft had them playing some very good football too. He improved some of the players individually a lot too,including CJ Hamilton who could be sold for a million this summer.

They’ve replaced him with the academy manager

From what I could tell Flitcroft had them playing some very good football too. He improved some of the players individually a lot too,including CJ Hamilton who could be sold for a million this summer.

They’ve replaced him with the academy manager

Just saw that - interesting one. They've citing that he's been remarkable with the youth team - intrigued to see how that pans out!

Scunthorpe United have named former Ipswich and Shrewsbury boss Paul Hurst as their new manager.

Chris Coleman sacked by Chinese club Hebei China Fortune.

They'll be a chairman stupid enough to give him a job in the football league.

Chris Coleman sacked by Chinese club Hebei China Fortune.

They'll be a chairman stupid enough to give him a job in the football league.

Not if they watched the Sunderland documentary!

Nope, summed up perfectly by him squaring up to a fan outside the stadium at the end of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back