• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno man, I'd be a bit nervous in the championship with Coady & Saiss as the CB pairing.

I dunno man, I'd be a bit nervous in the championship with Coady & Saiss as the CB pairing.
Under Nuno? Not at all.
Its not the pairing per se, its the lack of height in the team generally and our weakness at set plays. 1 correlates to the other for me. We have missed Himeyneth (;);))defensively as well as offensively. Moutinho and Neves marking anyone at corners is a miss match.

Neves is the same height as Ben Mee
Only with Cuban heels on.

Neves is barely 5’10”, Mee is 6ft easily. Coady is 6’2” and Saiss 6’4”. We don’t lack height we’re set up terribly at set plays and neither Kilman or Coady are particularly good jumpers.

Only with Cuban heels on.

Neves is barely 5’10”, Mee is 6ft easily. Coady is 6’2” and Saiss 6’4”. We don’t lack height we’re set up terribly at set plays and neither Kilman or Coady are particularly good jumpers.
Your source must be different to mine then!

Whoscored and Transfermarkt have Ben Mee at 180cm, Wikipedia at 183

Neves is 180, 180, 183 respectively on those websites.

183cm is 6ft.

Coady is listed at 185.

The eye test tells me that those figures are about right.

Wyscout has them both at 180cm

corners may be a different tale, but I can recall many times discussing games post match and commenting on how many midfield headers Neves has won.

Wilder in at the Hawthorns then.

Presume he got told the budget and got out of Sandwell sharpish

Don’t think his health is the best at the moment either.
I’d be surprised if we ever see him again in management, certainly doesn’t need the money.

Came across as a bellend in his interview sky just showed. Doesn't sound like he's finished, says he will be back as a troubleshooter because that's how he's been pigeon holed by the media.

Came across as a bellend in his interview sky just showed. Doesn't sound like he's finished, says he will be back as a troubleshooter because that's how he's been pigeon holed by the media.

An amusing post match interview with BFS, obviously spoiling for a ruck, calling out the media for criticising his style of football over the years, for his short-termism and Red Adair reputation and slagging off Michail Antonio for disrespecting him and Albion with his post match comments

He's a twat.

He had three chances at a big job. Newcastle and Everton fans loathed him, he blew it both times, and wrecked his go at England (which he didn't deserve to get in the first place) because of his own stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back