• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faintly farcical scenes with Russell "don't call me Russ" Martin.

He has two compensation figures in his contract, one if a Premier League club inexplicably wants his billion passes in your own half going nowhere football, one if it's a Championship or lower club. Swansea are demanding that Southampton pay up the higher fee as they are still technically a PL team for now, Saints are understandably not keen on the idea.

Trying to weasel out of hiring Gregg “Marsch but Polite” Berhalter innit

Surely Saints just get him planning in the background and hire him one day after the division status is official?

Would that be tampering?

Of course but it would be rather naive to think it couldn’t happen, especially with Swansea’s ridiculous stance and Southampton interest already in the open.

BFS decides taking Leeds to dark, northern outposts in the middle of November ain't for him (shocked I am), Stevie G the early bookies favourite with Brodgers and Lee Bowyer amongst the other frontrunners

David Beckham sacks Phil Neville as Inter Miami coach after 10 losses in last 13. Solskjaer next..?

Last edited:
Paddy power saying the Celtic manager ( I’m not attempting to spell his name) has announced his retirement from winning trophies by joining spurs

How much do you really learn about a manager when their squad is miles and miles better than anything else in the league?

Seems like a big jump to me, especially to a club with as many issues as Spurs currently have.

Then again, you get frauds like Lampard continuously getting jobs at this level (hopefully we’ve seen the last of the nepotism for him), so who am I to question a guy paying off his success?

The only way you’d know how good Celtic are would be if they ever competed in the Premier League.

Postocoglu did a great job at a number of clubs prior to Celtic which is how he got the job there. Under their previous manager they were a shambles but he’s turned that round and got them playing really good football. I think he’s a great option for them given their fans have been served up some pretty dull football in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back