• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it really was becoming untenable though. Last week's statement was designed to bring an upturn in results but really probably shouldn't have been put out in hindsight. The first half of the season was so positive and this is a young squad now not knowing how to get out of a rot, with an inexperienced manager at the helm.

Yeah terrible run.

Feel for him as have met a couple of times and he's a good guy. Played a big really in developing their young players in role as academy coach and first team manager. Shame for him.

Reactions: jlo
Ruud Van Nistlerooy taking over at PSV, in the summer.

Read elsewhere that Lampard might be gone today. It's via an 'ITK' type that they have called a meeting today but given the complete lack of improvement and the trouble they look in, it's not a massive stretch to think this might be real.

I mean it's possible, but how panicky does that look, sacking a manager inside three months (after you sacked the previous one inside six months) and giving the new fella about six weeks to pull it out of the bag? And who even wants that job?

I mean it's possible, but how panicky does that look, sacking a manager inside three months (after you sacked the previous one inside six months) and giving the new fella about six weeks to pull it out of the bag? And who even wants that job?
FA72439A-5460-4328-B24C-A10B2FA55964.jpeg

CD3287582.jpg

Time he got back in the bloody game.

PS - boggles my mind that this genuinely existed. God bless the early 2000s.

Olearymanager2000.jpg

Worth buying a gameboy colour for that alone I’m sure.

Everton fans seem to want to give it to Big Dunc (as they do every time they get rid of a manager), not sure why, all he seems to offer is that he used to play for them and shows McPashun and can put the fear of god into the players. I mean, he's 50 - they think he is this managerial genius that is still waiting to be discovered. He has managed 5 games in his entire life, winning 1, drawing 3 and losing 1

It would seem very panicky, but you can imagine given their spending, new ground, the owner never imagined this that maybe they'd do that.

Lampard has not improved them at all, who was the other guy they had lined up that the fans complained about?

Like every other vacancy these days they were linked to Paulo Fonseca. I actually don't know if he's any good or not. I would suspect not.

I could see them doing something ridiculous like appointing Ole.

I think if they stick with Lampard they’ll go down. Like him or loathe him BFS would have a much greater chance of keeping them up which in their current situation is all that matters. One day club owners will realise that being a good player doesn’t automatically make you a good manager.

BFS always starts terribly. He'd 100% take them down, the fat cunt.

Nuno potentially should be a candidate. Should make them more stable defensively in the short term and has experience of promotion in the worst case situation.

Also found it now and it was Vítor Pereira, he was heavily linked and the fans protested that they didn't want him but wanted Lampard!

They have to try something, their form is terrible and will get relegated if they continue with what they're doing.

Keeping lampard shows to me they've accepted getting relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back