• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten Haag is a good coach but there is a lot to sort out with that mess. Re-signing Pogba is insanity if they do it.
Sums up United when they have to make a hard decision they always bottle it ( incase it comes back to haunt them) and take the easy way out for a rich club and instead throw money at the problem.

City last year could have kept Aguero and it wouldn't hurt them financially but instead cut him loose. Liverpool had hard decision about Cutinho and bit the bullet to sell him. Arsenal with Aubamayang the same, got rid.

United let Pogba go and might get some stick if he is a success elsewhere, nah fuck that, give out another contract just incase.

Going to be a long and painful journey down for Burnley. Oh well.

So much talk on here of Nuno's players can only play one way, well that's tenfold at Burnley. Brainless decision. So many players out of contract at the end of the season who would have continued to play for Dyche, but won't now

It wouldn't surprise me if they sink like we did in the 80's.

Their owners are American vulture capitalists who don't know what to do in football and have leveraged the club up to the eyeballs.

The owner has developed a scouting AI system which is fucking bobbins.

So much talk on here of Nuno's players can only play one way, well that's tenfold at Burnley. Brainless decision. So many players out of contract at the end of the season who would have continued to play for Dyche, but won't now
I suppose this might allow them to rebuild. Be in the Championship regardless I guess.

Hard to see Burnley close to the PL in three years time. The one trump card that enabled them to punch above their weight was Dyche and with no external funds being injected they’re more likely to be competing for whatever the Sherpa Van trophy is now called sooner rather than later.

I suppose this might allow them to rebuild. Be in the Championship regardless I guess.
I'm not sure they were guaranteed to go. Next 3 games are West Ham after their European game and the emotional and physical aspects that involves, Southampton who have collapsed and Wolves and you know what our record is like there. 7 points is achievable. I guess that's why they've made the change, just looking at it from the opposite angle to me.

The thing is though, neutrals and opposition are always saying how awful Burnley are to watch, I totally get the new owners having stuck with him as "this is what works for us." - but you see other sides like Brentford, Watford, Brighton they probably see as a similar statue that don't resort to that terrible style, and then this year the Burnley stuff hasn't worked. I totally get the thinking.

Whilst they still have a chance you don't want to hamper next seasons prep, especially if they are looking change style or ideas of playing manner.

It means Everton are now more likely to stay up and get away with their FFP shenanigans.

The thing is though, neutrals and opposition are always saying how awful Burnley are to watch, I totally get the new owners having stuck with him as "this is what works for us." - but you see other sides like Brentford, Watford, Brighton they probably see as a similar statue that don't resort to that terrible style, and then this year the Burnley stuff hasn't worked. I totally get the thinking.

Whilst they still have a chance you don't want to hamper next seasons prep, especially if they are looking change style or ideas of playing manner.
You aren't changing a style with those players in 8 games though. Whoever comes in will have to play the Dyche way. Getting rid in the Summer is a different argument, however if you want a different style perhaps don't give him a new 4 year contract in September when he had 2 points from 6 games

Crazy to sack Dyche, I know most dislike him and Burnley, but I can't see any manager that they'll be able to attract is going to get as much out of their current players. It'll be a big rebuilding job, are they minted now? I struggle to keep up with who owns each team.

You aren't changing a style with those players in 8 games though. Whoever comes in will have to play the Dyche way. Getting rid in the Summer is a different argument, however if you want a different style perhaps don't give him a new 4 year contract in September when he had 2 points from 6 games
Even more bizarre is having Ben Mee when he plays regularly on the coaching team/selection team IMO.

Must be wanting to get away from the style of football, although as you say won’t happen in 8 games with the same players. If he had kept them up, which was possible it would’ve been hard to get rid then

This isn't a change for the next 8 games though. That was my point. If they keep Dyche and he stays up somehow then they are going to get the same of amount of flak for getting rid of him then, same if they went down with Dyche.

I think they are done now anyway regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back