• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think they were staying up anyway, so it’s probably irrelevant. They were lucky to beat Everton which was just a complete shambles of a game really. They then follow that up with a joke of a result at Norwich.

We’ve all been waiting for Burnley to get themselves out of it but it just hasn’t happened.

Maybe Tony Pulis and the like could inspire them to pick up some results but probably even less likely than Dyche.

What is the incentive for a manager to come in? If they stay up, it’s unlikely they’ll get the funding required to overhaul the squad. They didn’t give it to Dyche (yet gave him a 4 year contract?!)

If they go down, their finances could take an absolute hammering (so still no Money) as I bet the owner’s debt when buying the club is only serviceable if they remained in the PL / immediately bounced back (unlikely in my mind without Dyche).

Someone on a 3 month deal with a hefty bonus. Someone unemployed with no other route into the game. Your basically looking at Pulis, Allardyce, Warnock.

Does this mean we might actually beat Burnley for once?

Didnt Shakespeare do the same to Ranieri at Leicester.
Yep. Craig Snakespeare.

Or Craig "Two Balls" Snakespeare.

C9Mg_WkWAAA7B63.jpg

C9MhA7MWsAARXry.jpg

C9MhB0NXoAA8WjF.png

shakes-8.jpg

C9ITJqSWAAA3HNo.jpg

He's already been sacked by Watford once, then again who hasn't?

It's weird.

You could pass it off as impulsive and ill advised if it happened on Saturday night after no showing in a 6 pointer at Norwich to then sleep on it for nearly a week and them pull the trigger seems very odd.

It should just about finish Burnley off. On Friday night I wasn't fussed if we rolled over to pile on Everton but with the weekends results miraculously we're still hanging in there for 6th/7th. Need to go there full bore, not frightened about giving Ashley Westwood too much space.

If we just go there and play football we win 99/100 (pre or post sacking). But we never have, we drop down to their level, sit back and allow them to pump balls into the box and win second balls.

Play a high line and pass the ball. It’s not even like they are full of physical specimens in midfield and they have nil pace up front. I think Weghorst would lose a race to Coady.

If you press them they resort to aimless hoofs deep inside their own half and can’t win the second ball. You don’t even have to press them, they just lump it in the air even if they’ve got time. Just make that starting position deep inside their half where they can’t hurt us, not in ours. They don’t have the quality (they don’t even try tbf) to work the ball through midfield any other way.

Fivelive made me smile yesterday morning when they were discussing the Liverpool-United game with Peter Schmeichel and Dirk Kuyt. The question was put to the Dane regarding the possible appointment of Ten Haag and what he will bring to the club rather than the Dutchman. I might be wrong but I'd hazard a guess that Kuyt would be more qualified to comment on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back