• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poch, Bielsa and Potter being mentioned

Potter would be bonkers to knock it back if offered. They've had a great start, but from favourable fixtures, they'll finish lower top half. His stock will never be higher.

Potter would be bonkers to knock it back if offered. They've had a great start, but from favourable fixtures, they'll finish lower top half. His stock will never be higher.
To go from a club with the players and systems he wanted to a trigger happy club who might not even have half the players he wants? Not only that the Brighton board are and were happy to give him time to make everything work. I saw a stat that Tuchel lost 16 games in 100 and they binned him. Like i said. Seems Abramovich rocked up and pulled a trigger.. Football eh.

Potter has already walked out on a club in this country to take a step up. Everything was fine at Swansea when he was there. They rejected an approach from Brighton and offered him a huge contract but he essentially quit.

So he isn't shy in making a move if he thinks he is taking a step forward and despite how good things are at Brighton and how they have been with him, Chelsea is a huge step forward for him

If you didn't go down the pub with Graham Potter last night then you don't know what he thinks, so don't pretend you do. This place isn't for opinion or speculation!
It is of course, and equally not everyone has to have the same POV. Or do they to supposedly fit in here?

It is of course, and equally not everyone has to have the same POV. Or do they to supposedly fit in here?
No but nothing worse than when 2 opposing POV's collide and 1 sides response is essentially to say "IS MY VIEW NOT VALID BECAUSE ITS NOT THE SAME AS YOURS"

As long as it doesn't get personal (granted sometimes it does) the whole point of this place is to have different POV's, sometimes you may be in the minority on that view but doesn't mean its not valid or accepted.

Chelsea have asked for permission to speak to Potter

The only plausible way i can see Potter staying at brighton is if he ha eyes on the england job and wants to keep "safe" until then. Going to Chelsea and failing might raise questions about his ability to manage "big" players

I'd imagine any ambitious manager would rather have Chelsea than England. Perhaps closer to the next world cup (post southgate) it might be more attractive.

I'd imagine any ambitious manager would rather have Chelsea than England. Perhaps closer to the next world cup (post southgate) it might be more attractive.
Yes. He might not be there long, but it gets him onto a much higher managerial carousel. Great career move (unless it goes tits up, of course: see Moyes, D.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back