• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alluded to it on another thread but a lot of change could be coming.

I wouldn't personally place any money on any of Lage, Rodgers, Gerrard, Lampard, Cooper, Hasenhüttl or Moyes still being in their current job on Christmas Day.

I wouldn't personally place any money on any of Lage, Rodgers, Gerrard, Lampard, Cooper, Hasenhüttl or Moyes still being in their current job on Christmas Day.
The break for the World Cup will make a lot of owners think long and hard for a 3/4 weeks without losing any ground on the league table . Never before and possibly never again will they get than chance during a season .

However - while some of the above might get sacked , I think others will hang on . For instance , Cooper ( who a lot of people rate highly ) could go before any of the rest , simply because of who the owners are .
Lampard could very well hang on .
The Saints Manager has survived a lot of wobbles so far in previous seasons as well .

Fucking he'll, I turn my back for a few hours and all he'll breaks loose. Did anyone see this coming? Wonder what odds you'd have got this morning? I'm gobsmacked, I know Chelsea haven't been great and that's good fun for the rest of us but he was lauded when he came, in the top 5 managers worldwide?
Potter will obviously take the job.

Fucking he'll, I turn my back for a few hours and all he'll breaks loose. Did anyone see this coming? Wonder what odds you'd have got this morning? I'm gobsmacked, I know Chelsea haven't been great and that's good fun for the rest of us but he was lauded when he came, in the top 5 managers worldwide?
Potter will obviously take the job.
Chelsea have been crap for months.

League form since early December is P30 W14 D9 L7. Not objectively awful but absolutely miles off a title challenge and that's obviously well below what the owners (past and present) demand. They're also not very good at all to watch.

Oddly Southampton fans seem to think their owner wants Lage when Ralph goes
"At least you're not like some of our old owners. Crikey, they appointed Stuart Gray, Paul Sturrock, Steve Wigley, Harry Redknapp as a sleeper Portsmouth agent..."

"Hold my beer"

Chelsea have been crap for months.

League form since early December is P30 W14 D9 L7. Not objectively awful but absolutely miles off a title challenge and that's obviously well below what the owners (past and present) demand. They're also not very good at all to watch.
I know but it felt like every fan in the country apart from Liverpool and City were wishing they'd got Tuchel coming in, just goes to show how quickly things can go wrong.

Just Googled Tedesco, he's an Italian/German guy, and Tedesco in Italian language means German. Weird.
And after a quick read he's very much a three at the back manager with two strikers.

Tuchel was having issues last year too. Couldn't get Lukaku involved in any meaningful way, and fell out with him, and most likely several other players.

I rather feel that Cooper is relatively safe unless they go on a horrendous run. He seems highly thought of by the fans at least. I know they don't make decisions but think they believe in him long term. Suspect the board will not go on a mad one firing him after signing 20 players he was keen on working with.

I rather feel that Cooper is relatively safe unless they go on a horrendous run. He seems highly thought of by the fans at least. I know they don't make decisions but think they believe in him long term. Suspect the board will not go on a mad one firing him after signing 20 players he was keen on working with.
Have a read of the Athletic article I linked about a week ago. They want to finish Top 6, the owners unqualified son has too much influence and the owner himself is a nutjob. If they are where they are now in a month's time I think he's in trouble

well, to be fair we wanted to be breaking into the CL group. That was one of Jeffs stated aims.
I haven't read the article (I don't have a scrip) so you're more informed than me tbh. However I still feel although that's the intention, PL security and progress is step 1, and they have a progressive coach. Of all listed in this thread over the last page or so, I'd feel he is the least under pressure.

I didn't say he was actively under threat right this second. I said I wouldn't put money on him still being Forest manager on Christmas Day.

I suspect if I gave you a free £10 bet to put on anything you like, nor would you...

I assume that is the order in which you would like to see happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back