• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Mendes Brotherhood

We built a new stand for no particular reason five years ago. We can't/won't do the rest of the ground so we have a quarter of a redevelopment done and that will be the case for years to come.

Most likely that project is getting done sooner than you think... You are one Benfica player (not on loan) away from it.

Most likely that project is getting done sooner than you think... You are one Benfica player (not on loan) away from it.

No chance, our stadium isn't going to be improved until we get promoted.

I'm sure Jeff Shi said it wasn't on the agenda in his opening press conference. We'll no doubt rebuild if/when we get promoted though.

There's no right time to do it, that's the problem. It'd be a hard sell to get promoted then massively reduce capacity for at least a year.

Arguably we should have done the Steve Bull in L1 but that would not have gone down well at all.

There's no right time to do it, that's the problem. It'd be a hard sell to get promoted then massively reduce capacity for at least a year.

Arguably we should have done the Steve Bull in L1 but that would not have gone down well at all.

Is it though? If we were relying on matchday revenue still, sure, but I don't see why Fosun would be afraid of knocking it down the second promotion is guaranteed. They've made it clear that they want Wolves competing nearer the top of the PL table than the bottom ASAP, I imagine our spending to go through the roof when we get up.

I mean from a fan perspective. The Steve Bull holds about 9k I think? So you'd be running with a 22k ground for a year in the PL, meaning ticket availability would be awful.

Cant get out my head the lingering thought that we will have a brand new identikit-same-as-every-other-club stadium on the outskirts
in the not to distant future.

Nah, makes no sense. There's tons of room to expand all around Molineux, pretty much as big as you want, and there's no scope for selling the existing ground to part-fund a new one as we don't own the freehold. There's nothing you couldn't build on the footprint we have that would necessitate a move to the outskirts, depending where you put it the transport links aren't likely to be good enough elsewhere anyway.

If you are going to rebuild the SB then now is the time to do it as attendance wise we don't need all 4 stands at the moment

That only works if there is serious intent to get back into the Premier as without that we won't fill the increased capacity

Hello my friends! How are you all enjoying the Mendes experience? Quite a ride!

So at Benfica Forum we managed to make a little of a recap (in gif form) of what our Guide Among Men has been doing in the recent years.

mMfMXar.gif

By the way...Helder Costa is not worth 15M by any chance so not to worry....that transfer clearly was made in Euromendes!

PS: Dont worry we just sold Guedes for 30M and now we will be able to pay the rest of Raul Jimenez transfer fee (we paid last years 22M for 50% of this outstanding striker!)

PS2: Dont know if you noticed but how is that for a little bit of Mendes magic: on the very last day of the transfer window he managed to make one single player (Cartabia) to resign from Valencia and then join Depor and then go on loan to Braga! Amazing!

PS3: So as you probably know Benfica chairman is now basically a Mendes associate. Together they travel around the world in order to sale every single player that manages to shine in Benfica even for just a short period. Here is a picture that made thousands of Benfica fans puke for quite a few days now:

image.aspx

That guy holding the shirt that looks right from Narcos tv show is Benfica chairman. Yes...he is holding PSG shirt during Gonçalo Guedes presentation. And all those 7 men in the picture are the ones that shove money down their pockets on this transfer. Look how happy they look! Such an inspiring one Mendes is....

We are delighted with Helder at that price. He just schooled Liverpool.

Teixeira doesnt seem to feature on the gif!
But on another note, are we being prepared for Cav and Costa to be sold within a year to one of the other clubs?

Back