• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Mental Health thread

I was recommended a book by my GP - "Four tendencies" by Gretchin Rubin

Have been listening to it in the car for the last couple of days and it is fucking scary how accurately I fit the rebel tendency. I need to now learn about how to deal with my personality tendencies now and then implement some strategies to overcome.

I was recommended a book by my GP - "Four tendencies" by Gretchin Rubin

Have been listening to it in the car for the last couple of days and it is $#@!ing scary how accurately I fit the rebel tendency. I need to now learn about how to deal with my personality tendencies now and then implement some strategies to overcome.

If you want a snap shot do her quiz. ( I to fit the rebel well)

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4185694/Gretchen-Rubin-s-Quiz-The-Four-Tendencies

Not sure where to put this, but in a way it fits in here.I can honestly say I have never experienced this level of anxiety or panic, not even when I moved from UK to US.

The feeling of ' am I doing the right thing, am I going to regret it ' also the feeling of ' not knowing what's best, and how will we adjust, WILL we adjust'

It's constantly there, everyday. In the past I would just say to myself ' Well if you don't go, you won't know ' but not these days. Maybe it's because I'm older. Maybe moving house/ Country/uprooting, gets more stressful the older we become, I don't know. What I do know is that it's an awful feeling.

Those doubts and worries are normal I'd say during any time of transition, be it moving house, country, job, getting married etc...

Obviously some decisions are bigger than others, and their impacts would be greater, but I'm sure you have put enough thought into moving back before you came to the decision. The worries are natural though I'd say.

Very tough and low couple of days. Trying to carry on as normal but it's not really working out.

Going to review it in the morning but have a letter drafted to the FBAs asking to withdraw from the competition as I'm really not in the right frame of mind right now.

Very tough and low couple of days. Trying to carry on as normal but it's not really working out.

Going to review it in the morning but have a letter drafted to the FBAs asking to withdraw from the competition as I'm really not in the right frame of mind right now.

Hope you feel better soon chief

Don't withdraw, I'm sure someone could look after the FBAs on your behalf until your back to yourself. I'd hate for you to miss out

Yeah don't do that Dan. You might perk up over the next few days and end up regretting your decision.

That would be a shame DW as you seem in with a real shout to win it, but, you have to do what you think is best for you at the minute. Wishing you happier days ahead and we'll have that meet up for a pint down the Woody very soon. Been a bit hectic since I've been back but will be in touch. Keep ya pecker up.

I've not sent it. Let it ride.

Today is a bit better and I'm trying my best to pick myself back up, I fear there's a point though where I'm just going to have taken too many knocks and we're probably not far off that. I put a lot of work into it all, constantly, and it always falls to bits after a while.

So after being off work for two weeks doctor has said I can go back tomorrow on reduced hours. Can only do 4 hours a day and no weekends. My boss has been surprisingly great about it

So after being off work for two weeks doctor has said I can go back tomorrow on reduced hours. Can only do 4 hours a day and no weekends. My boss has been surprisingly great about it
Thing with MH, is we mentally create worse case scenarios for situations, and are then surprised to find out that the WCS doesn't pan out.

Seeing lots of MH cases at work currently.

Humphrey believes the health service is now close to breaking point and that government policy is to blame. “The chronic underfunding of the NHS is almost conspiratorial,” she says. “The way it has been starved of money for the last seven years is scandalous. We haven’t got to this decade to find everyone is suddenly iller. I fear the government will turn around in a few years and say, ‘Look, we have given you money and it hasn’t worked – we need a new system.’ I am concerned this would lead to a compulsory insurance model.” It would create a two-tier system, she feels. “The NHS is not only a very efficient service, it’s also clinically excellent. If we move away from that [a service that is free at the point of need] there’s no going back. What you would end up with is very poor quality services for the poorest and those who need it most.”

Pretty damning really:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/16/bev-humphrey-greater-manchester-mental-health-trust-chief-executive-underfunding-nhs-conspiratorial

Well my return to work lasted all of 3 weeks. Have now been signed off again

How long for mate? make sure you're looking after yourself!

Two weeks at the minute, but it's going to be longer. Have found work really tough since going back and my boss has been great. She's said take as much time as I need, and not to come back until I'm ready, and told my wife to make sure I stay out of anything work related.

Not sure if the right place or not but needed somewhere write a few bits after I found myself really low today in pretty odd circumstances.

I have to write a personal statement for my Masters application and selling myself made me feel like a conceited prick and tbh,a fraud. I know I've done really well in my studies but the thought of telling others I'd done well didn't sit well. I didn't attend my graduation, for the same reason(s) really. I graduated last September, I was always having this year out to recharge my batteries but I've been putting my application off more and more. Had the same problem with my undergraduate personal statement but this feeling of being a fraud and being found out feels more intense now I'm applying for a higher level of study.

I've managed about 150 words and had to stop because my mood plummeted. Fuck 500 words about myself but when I'm given 15000+ words if I get onto the course, that'll be fine :icon_rolleyes:

That's actually a really normal thing. Writing a piece to scream how fucking good you are seems to offend against our psyche. Don't let it demolish your mood though. Acknowledge the issue, greet it, and move on to writing that piece selling yourself. It will get a bit more natural as you go along with it.

Perhaps look at it as a means to an end and try to detach yourself from it being about you. It's really just a marketing exercise at the end of the day!

Back