• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Mental Health thread

well need to make some changes can't carry on like how I am . getting a passport sort atm and i'm going to travel ! I have a friend who works in travel and she's takin me to see the northern lights for the first trip :D then kids are takin me to spain then who knows turkey is on the list to so many places to go !

Hey everybody.

My significant other suffers with Anxiety and in recent weeks has seen her medication doubled and then tripled, daily panic attacks etc etc.

Her therapist thought it a good idea to do a survey on attitudes about Anxiety to challenge her own beliefs and I was hoping a few of you could take a few minutes to fill it in for her. We'd both really appreciate it if you can :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y3P2CNX

I suffer with anxiety to and have to take about 4 tablets a day to reduce the effects of it, I don’t think my situation is as bad as your wife but I know how hard it is for and I know the effect it can have on close family.

have to move on sadly think she is gonna wear me out tbh :icon_twisted: but I need to enjoy life as much as I can or whats the point ?

well need to make some changes can't carry on like how I am . getting a passport sort atm and i'm going to travel ! I have a friend who works in travel and she's takin me to see the northern lights for the first trip :D then kids are takin me to spain then who knows turkey is on the list to so many places to go !

If Greece comes up as an idea , let me know, have a big enough house, and the door is open.

Hey everybody.

My significant other suffers with Anxiety and in recent weeks has seen her medication doubled and then tripled, daily panic attacks etc etc.

Her therapist thought it a good idea to do a survey on attitudes about Anxiety to challenge her own beliefs and I was hoping a few of you could take a few minutes to fill it in for her. We'd both really appreciate it if you can :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y3P2CNX

Done. My wife and eldest daughter both suffer with anxiety and it's really crippling, in different ways for both of them. Best of luck to you both.

And all the best Tricky - hope things improve for you.

lincs, done the questionnaire here too. Interesting form of therapy. Wouldn't mind knowing how effective it is if you don't mind?

tricky - good luck to you mate. Hope you really get to enjoy travelling.

alan, best of luck to you too. abusive relationships tend to evolve towards that, we don't know that's what they are for some time, as they tend to arrive at abuse gradually. be strong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45212984

This is probably the closest I've seen from someone in the public eye to describing how I get sometimes (there's a load of other shit as well but that can wait for another day). Something just triggers me - it can be the most minor thing in the world, it doesn't even have to necessarily be anything overtly negative - and I just break. And it doesn't matter how much people tell me that I'm alright, that I'm a good guy, that I do good stuff, I'm valued etc etc, I've gone. I'm now in a state of mind where I'm absolutely shit at everything. I'm a waste of time. I've let everyone down. I want to finish it all. Back in the bad days it would have led to 4-5 days of just walling myself off, for my own safety if nothing else. I'm a bit better now at just taking a bit of time out, there are a few people I know I can talk to and they'll listen, and we can sort it out. But it never goes away.

Keep working on it though, eh. I do stuff now that I could never have done 18 months or so ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45212984

This is probably the closest I've seen from someone in the public eye to describing how I get sometimes (there's a load of other $#@! as well but that can wait for another day). Something just triggers me - it can be the most minor thing in the world, it doesn't even have to necessarily be anything overtly negative - and I just break. And it doesn't matter how much people tell me that I'm alright, that I'm a good guy, that I do good stuff, I'm valued etc etc, I've gone. I'm now in a state of mind where I'm absolutely $#@! at everything. I'm a waste of time. I've let everyone down. I want to finish it all. Back in the bad days it would have led to 4-5 days of just walling myself off, for my own safety if nothing else. I'm a bit better now at just taking a bit of time out, there are a few people I know I can talk to and they'll listen, and we can sort it out. But it never goes away.

Keep working on it though, eh. I do stuff now that I could never have done 18 months or so ago.

That's the secret, Dan, seeing the progression and the improvement. It doesn't happen over night but you're moving in the right direction and you're sounding positive. Keep it going, mate.

Back