• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Glastonbury full lineup was announced today. Worryingly out of touch that I don't recognise plenty of the acts announced. Will need to have a trawl through to see if can find any hidden gems to go and watch.
There's not a lot of the big headline stuff that really appeals to me, but there's plenty of stuff in the depths that I'll be making an effort to see.

Anderson Paak and the Foo's the only two I want to see who are towards the top of the billing.

I'm pretty pissed off that three of the other acts I really wanted to see are all clashing: BadBadNotGood, Loyle Carner amd Run the Jewels. RTJ will be a treat for the armchair lot!

A few potential recommendations: Khruangbin, Jordan Rakei, The Amazon's, The Sherlocks.

Circa Waves and Everything Everything are playing the Williams Green secret sets on Thursday evening.
Glastonbury full lineup was announced today. Worryingly out of touch that I don't recognise plenty of the acts announced. Will need to have a trawl through to see if can find any hidden gems to go and watch.

Last edited:
How did you manage to double post within a single post ????

looks like friday is a good battle between the Park and John Peel stages. ride v angel olsen clash. hamilton leithauser, lanegan & onwards at the Park looks good, black honey, lemon twigs, future islands on at the Peel.

looks like friday is a good battle between the Park and John Peel stages. ride v angel olsen clash. hamilton leithauser, lanegan & onwards at the Park looks good, black honey, lemon twigs, future islands on at the Peel.
Shame you can't just flit between the stages without a 30 min walk!

Saw the Amazons recently they were great.

Loyle Carner was good too

London Grammar's new album is stunning, just on my second of many listens.

Debated going as leftfield are also there, but it is right at a busy time at work, so not sure.

Saw Ulrich Schnauss is playing at mama roux's in october I think too.

jagwar ma are decent and down for the Friday as well.

if I went it would prob be for the sunday - jamc, slowdive, nadine shah and a few others.

Debated going as leftfield are also there, but it is right at a busy time at work, so not sure.

Saw Ulrich Schnauss is playing at mama roux's in october I think too.

Im having a huge Ulrich Schnauss discovery phase at the mo. I knew him from various mixtapes/compilations, but heard a tune (Wherever You Go) on John Hopkins Art of Chill album, and I had to go find more.

Really into Faraway Trains... at the mo, and just getting into Strangely Isolated Place , only gave it a few listens so far, but some great tunes on it. Hes supremely talented.

Im having a huge Ulrich Schnauss discovery phase at the mo. I knew him from various mixtapes/compilations, but heard a tune (Wherever You Go) on John Hopkins Art of Chill album, and I had to go find more.

Really into Faraway Trains... at the mo, and just getting into Strangely Isolated Place , only gave it a few listens so far, but some great tunes on it. Hes supremely talented.
I was listening to that Jon Hopkins mix yesterday! (see the what are you listening to right now thread).
Ulrich is great. Far away trains is my fave, Strangely Isolated is great, as is Goodbye. His latest (No Further Ahead Than Today) is quite like Far away trains, and I like it a lot.

I was listening to that Jon Hopkins mix yesterday! (see the what are you listening to right now thread).
Ulrich is great. Far away trains is my fave, Strangely Isolated is great, as is Goodbye. His latest (No Further Ahead Than Today) is quite like Far away trains, and I like it a lot.

I've listened to No Further twice, and there is a stand out track for me, The Magic in You. So many layers and that glorious hook, and then Depeche Mode style vocals.... it blew me away. I actually have listened to that track about 10 times, as I couldn't get past it, kept replaying.

Magic in you grew on me. Quite poppy, but nice. The first 6 tracks are all great.
I've just had a quick look about youtube and found one of his albums co-done with jonas munk I'm gonna check out, plus a live video.

Big thanks for the other suggestions - will check those all out this week (lots to do!)

New QOTSA.

Different, excellent nevertheless. One to dance to.

New QOTSA.

Different, excellent nevertheless. One to dance to.

Tour details announced now too.

Slightly disappointing that the 02 is the only reasonable option for me and tickets go on sale while I'll be in the fecking Glastonbury queue.

Back