• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Black Country Communion playing the Civic Hall on Wednesday 29 December 2010. But at £40/£45 a ticket I think I'll give it a miss

Bit pricey but I'll still go !

Just realised I'll be in Liverpool !!

Last edited:
Black Country Communion playing the Civic Hall on Wednesday 29 December 2010. But at £40/£45 a ticket I think I'll give it a miss

Joe Bonamassa is a top guitarist. Prefer his blues solo material so will probably give Black Country Communion a miss.
Got a few Rush albums and went to see them at the NEC a few years ago. Incredible sound for a three piece.

Rush are an amazing band - 2112 is a majestic album.

Black Country Communion would be one hell of a gig - Bonamassa branching out into a dirtier sound and style must be really good stuff as the bloke is a genius.

The "Hold your fire" tour by Rush was quite magnificent. I have seen nothing better in all my 21 years or so on this planet.

This week, I have mostly been listening to "Rock Dust Light Star" by Jamiroquai.

Good album and very funky.

Is this thread populated by heavy rock, or rock stuff making a comeback or is it any music perhaps of a rare or unusual nature or is it...

What the fuck is this thread about???

Orf to see Ben Folds in Brum in February. Can't wait, this will be the 3rd time I have seen this genius in concert.

The album he has out right is brilliant, although he didn't write the lyrics, Nick Hornby did and Mr Folds turned his words into songs.

Indeed I do like my heavy rock. Even if I haven't got the hair for it nowadays.

Early Rush was excellent, but I think they really hit top form when they Grace Under Pressure, Hold Your Fire, and the magnificent Power Windows, which featured Manhattan Project, one of their finest offerings.

If we are looking at the time that Rush arrived then I would offer Budgie, Iron Butterfly, Wishbone Ash and people like that

Of course AC/DC from 1973-1980 were incomparable.

Deep Purple were not too bad either, but I liked Sabbath, Yes and Chicago. And a bit later, Iron Maiden and Magnum.

I like all types of music from heavy metal to Gospel and most things inbetween.

Maiden's first six studio albums are perfect after somewhere in time I wasn't so keen, apart from the odd track. Sabbath, were fucking brilliant

Sweet Leaf
Cough-Cough-Cough-Cough

Derrr-Derrr Di-Di-Derrr Di-Di

Love that riff

Purple were a bit hit and miss, but when they nailed it (Child in Time for a start) they were fantastic

The live double album--how retro does that sound?--Made in Japan is pure class

Priest Live is fabulous

Unleashed in the East* was great as an early priest 'live' album

Live after Death by Maiden is my favourite live album of them all, up there with Decade of Aggression by Slayer

*studio

Back