• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Just got home from doing a few jobs down my Moms house and couldn't get out of the car till the Osmonds Crazy Horses had finished.
Over 50 years later and that song still makes me smile
The Osmonds rock out

On that one track only. Which isn’t 50 years old. It was 1975.

Lawnmower Deth cover version is a particular fave of mine.

It was on my hits of 75 album as a kid. Shows how accurate that listing on the album was then!

Last edited:
i saw primal scream years ago, and there were aspects of the gig, and in particular gillespe's behaviour that really put me off them. A mate sent me the following re martin duffy (it's his daughters statement following his death). Appreciate it is old and some may already know it, and also it is only ne side, but fuck me gillespe comes across like a right fucking twat and hypocrite. Nice to see steve mason doing something positive for duffys memory.

http://www.dafts.co.uk/louieduffyst...VmYotSkaVwckoA8W0TjTi9SNo5ud8&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

On steve mason, saw he is playing a show at newhampton arts centre later this year. tempted, as loved the beta band, and have only ever seen mason as a support act. @nimrod noticed masons tickets are about a tenner more than almost all the other shows at NAC.

i saw primal scream years ago, and there were aspects of the gig, and in particular gillespe's behaviour that really put me off them. A mate sent me the following re martin duffy (it's his daughters statement following his death). Appreciate it is old and some may already know it, and also it is only ne side, but fuck me gillespe comes across like a right fucking twat and hypocrite. Nice to see steve mason doing something positive for duffys memory.

http://www.dafts.co.uk/louieduffyst...VmYotSkaVwckoA8W0TjTi9SNo5ud8&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

On steve mason, saw he is playing a show at newhampton arts centre later this year. tempted, as loved the beta band, and have only ever seen mason as a support act. @nimrod noticed masons tickets are about a tenner more than almost all the other shows at NAC.
I saw Bobby Gillespie twat an audience member with a mic stand when onstage with J Mascis and The Fog. In mitigation, the bloke had just spat at him.

miki berenyi’s book:
Bobby Gillespie, high as a kite at some do, silences my chatter by cupping my genitals and fixing me with a stare as he licks his lips…
I’d seen the stuff about Martin Duffy though thought it came from his son.

Outright hyprocrisy from Bobbie Gillespie to force anyone off a tour for being inebriated.

Years ago, when I was working in a 5 Star hotel, Primal Scream were staying with us after a gig. I was working the breakfast in the restaurant and they came down for breakfast and Bobbie was wasted, falling asleep at the table, nodding off with his face in his porridge bowl. An absolute wreck. He could barely walk.

Sounds like he's a money grabbing prick with no loyalty. He's not even that talented, the rest of that band have carried him for years, probably literally.

I saw Bobby Gillespie on Saturday night and apart from his shite vocals, he looks a right state. I'd imagine that it is his excesses that have caught up with him rather having a tough paper round.

In other news, nirvana announce a 30th anniversary release of in utero. Now, it is a fine album, however this rerelease seems a bit over priced for me.

8LP box sent, or 5cd boxset. The extras include 2 full length concerts. However the setlist for both is almost identical, so the blurb may mention 53 previously unreleased tracks, but it is generous in having that description.
The b-sides from the singles are also included.
The price? £300 for the vinyl, and £200 for the cd version (40 quid a disc?)

tempted to post a video of the song milk it tbh...

In other news, nirvana announce a 30th anniversary release of in utero. Now, it is a fine album, however this rerelease seems a bit over priced for me.

8LP box sent, or 5cd boxset. The extras include 2 full length concerts. However the setlist for both is almost identical, so the blurb may mention 53 previously unreleased tracks, but it is generous in having that description.
The b-sides from the singles are also included.
The price? £300 for the vinyl, and £200 for the cd version (40 quid a disc?)

tempted to post a video of the song milk it tbh...

be a lot cheaper, and better, just buying the whole back catalogue of the Jesus Lizard.

Saw yesterday the stones are releasing a new album "Hackney Diamonds" which means, (according to Jagger), the bits of broken glass scattered all over the place after someone smashes your windscreen on a saturday night in Hackney.
Sounds interesting and billed by the band as a fairly angry album.

Might as well chip into this thread. All the football bits I think are always said by someone else.

Anyway, I love music from the 30's to now. Try this 40's gem by Sister Rosetta Tharpe

It's gospel but you can so get how blues sprang from gospel when you listen to shit like this

Back