• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

A bit cringe-worthy in places but a decent enough episode. Some good one liners too.

I'd agree with that I think - nice to conclude River's thing properly though!

New companion is irritating.

+1 just what we need,an annoying cockernee no doubt giving it the 'gor blimey guv'nor,the aliens have got shooters etc etc (may be generalising a bit here tbh) I've seen the clip,and she's been in it for 5 seconds and yep annoying,doesn't make me want to watch it,but if I'm about when it's on,I will end up watching,same with the new top gear as well

+2.

Also, I can't quite believe that she was 'introduced' in the middle of MOTD FFS. Total overkill - no need for it. I hate it when they preview non-sports stuff during live sports shows.

That was 100% inevitable when they chickened out during the last series and decided upon that incredibly lazy ending. TBH with the new companion looking incredibly annoying and unoriginal, my hopes aren't high for the next series.

That was 100% inevitable when they chickened out during the last series and decided upon that incredibly lazy ending. TBH with the new companion looking incredibly annoying and unoriginal, my hopes aren't high for the next series.

At least that means NorwayFB will like it ;)

Ha - this is true! :icon_lol:

Anyone watching Class?

I take that as a no. It's on BBC Three and I've seen the first four episodes so far. It's based on events happening at Coal Hill Academy during Capaldi's era with the focus being on six or so students/staff there. It's kind of the missing link between Doctor Who and Torchwood - so it has more gore, nudity, etc, than the former but unlike Torchwood, it retains the "British Sci-fi lameness" that Doctor Who has.

Not bad all in all and better than Merlin.

I might give it a go but I'm losing interest in it all TBH. The end of the last series was a such a monumental cop out as well which didn't help, and the new companion looks about as generic and unoriginal as it's possible to be.

The show badly needs new ideas and a new direction IMO.

Alex Hunter is in Doctor Who..... Btw this episode is bollocks. I shall be prepared to be ripped to shreds by Langers and co who worship the Dr Who timeline etc etc..

Sort of...average (5/10) from my point of view, but I am willing to admit that I have a positive bias when it comes to Doctor Who. All the same though, the hell was up with the squeaky part? Could easily have done that part differently

Back