• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

I'm about to watch it now but I've low expectations for this one.

That wasn't up to much was it? A few decent parts but ultimately a mess of an episode.

Nardole is such a pointless character.

But the thing that disappointed me most was the brief preview of the new series. How fucking annoying does the new companion sound?

See post #964 I was way ahead of you there

Yeah I'm pleased that there'll be a new executive producer soon as it badly needs new ideas and a new direction.

It's trying too hard at the moment. The last season finale was such a cop out and up its own arse after it was set up so beautifully - I really hated it.

I don't want Capaldi to leave the role though - but like Matt Smith he's being let down with duff scripts and what looks like being a crap assistant.

Just been listening to Peter capaldi being interviewed on the Jo Whiley show on radio 2, New series starts April 15th,and as announced (albeit quietly) by capaldi,this is his last series! He leaves the role on Christmas Day 2017.

Shame - he's been excellent but I'm not surprised as there'll be a new showrunner next year. Looks like a completely clean slate for Chris Chibnall.

He'll need a lot of new ideas TBH - I'd have liked Capaldi to have stayed but I guess it makes sense for him to leave now.

Pity.
Meanwhile, they've been filming at Cardiff University this past week. Bunch of "baddies" in brown boiler suits, guns, and TRUTH emblazoned on their backs.

Danny Dyer (who? 0.o) is apparently in the running to replace Capaldi.

Danny Dyer (who? 0.o) is apparently in the running to replace Capaldi.
:icon_lol:

Oh I'd love to see that - just for one episode.

"Faaack me, you dalek cants are proppa fackin nawty."

I think Frankie Boyle or Dara O'Briain would be excellent choices for the Doctor.

Picked up the DVD of Genesis of the Daleks in HMV. My absolute all time favourite Dr Who story - Mini Langers asked to watch a dalek story with me so I was only too happy to oblige.

A shitload of extra features on there too by the looks of it.

They're bringing back the original cybermen for the new series!!

IMG_0298.JPG.9f218551aaa4763db25a8efb068b5562.JPG

They look far more sinister than the modern day ones.

I'm so old, I went to the Cinema in the late 60's early 70's to see Dr. Who and The Daleks with Peter Cushing playing the Doctor and also starring Roy Castle and I was scared to death. I saw it again about 10 years later on TV and of course it looks so tame with those cheap shaky sets.

For the new Doctor, I would love to see Richard Ayoade take the role. His character Moss, in The I.T. Crowd, cracks me up every time I see him (the chemistry with Chris O'Dowd was wonderful), so if he just bought a little bit of that to The Doctor's persona, I would be more than happy and you would never be able to tell whether he was being serious or not.

Yeah I think Ayoade would be decent. I'd really like Ben Whishaw to get it - I know he's the current favourite but that's probably due to the other roles he's played rather than any actual interest from him. He'd be ace. I think they'll go down the David Tennant sort of route though.

As for the Cushing films - the Daleks shot fire out of their guns originally but they had to change it for the 2nd film as it was apparently too scary!!

Bookies have stopped taking bets on kris Marshall(oldest son in the 'comedy' my family,and was in the BT ads yonks ago)as the new doctor,hope it's not him,don't rate him at all

Back