• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Hard to see KC getting back into this. The D are imploding with penalties, and the O can't get any completions to get momentum.
Not 100% over yet, but...

Just to be clear, you're happy supporting a child abuser? Got it...
Not convicted of anything by either the law or the NFL for that. He is a convicted woman beater just like Tyrel Dodson...

Last edited:
And that's the game. No coming back from there.

Just not Mahomes night tonight

Although penalties and injuries are not the reason, Tampa have played well.

Although penalties and injuries are not the reason, Tampa have played well.
I thought the PI call on Honey Badger was soft, the majority of the rest were poor discipline - offsides, false starts etc.

I went to bed after the game, but assume Brady was MVP. I would have given it Devin White, he was everywhere not just pass rushing but also helping the secondary defending the pass.

I do think Fisher being out had a major impact on the game. Left tackle is the most important position on the o-line, it's why they get the big bucks. The Bucs were able to get at Mahomes at will, which I doubt would have been the case if he was playing

Fisher was definitely a huge miss. The way they had to move that line around caused big issues, I watched a lot of Remmers with the Vikings and he was a turnstile so plugging him in at left tackle was never going to end well.

Bit disappointed with the game as it wasn't really competitive, once the Buccs got that lead the gap never really closed again.

I've enjoyed the play offs as a whole and watching some progressive teams that are aggressive and take risk, that's how you win in the NFL now, some of the times teams went for it on 4th down the Vikings who I follow would not have been able to get the field goal/punt teams on fast enough.

Spielman and Zimmers time should be over but it seems the owners are going to carry on settling for mediocrity.

A weakened O line combined with Mahomes dodgy foot definitely a factor. The Chiefs D a bit too pumped up led to many of the penalties, plus maybe the officials aware that they are a very handsy team, I think some PI calls were a little harsh and Tampa could have had a couple called against them.
Overall Buccs deserved winners, neutralised the blitz early by moving the ball quick, whilst not letting the Chiefs offence settle and get any momentum. Not a classic SB though.

Last edited:
Fair to say I didn't want Tampa to win - not a fan of Brady, and they're owned by the Glazers. Didn't expect them to win - lucky to beat the Packers (THREE 4th quarter interceptions), and the Chiefs are the best team in the NFL.

But credit where it's due, and it was a deserved win. And well done on the many risks the club had taken - Brady had seemed in decline, Gronk came out of retirement, Antonio Brown and Leonard Fournette were both risky acquisitions; even Suh was a gamble when they signed him, but he seems to have matured after being considered the dirtiest player in the league.

Very well coached throughout the season - another gamble bringing Arians out of retirement and Bowles had been a bust at the Jets.

Still think a fully fit Chiefs would have won, especially with a reffing team that let the game flow.

Texans President (since 2002) resigned today with immediate effect. Apparently disillusioned with recent events.

Texans President (since 2002) resigned today with immediate effect. Apparently disillusioned with recent events.
Since they were founded, then. Big news.

Unless he was also involved with the Oilers. In which case, bigger news.

Back