• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Don't think Whisenhunt really belongs in that group either. Zimmer, like Jay Gruden, has also only had one year, and 7-9 with a rookie QB plus loads of injuries plus losing the best HB in the league is solid work. Smith... If you're referring to Mike, not a chance. If you're referring to Lovie... That I'd have to probably concede.

bite yout tongue....

Not sure how anyone could think Fox is any good...

It's more the decisions they've made and plays they've called. You could argue Zimmer and Gruden have made simple mistakes but it's not like they've got a poor set of players. Both coaches have some excellent players at their disposal (offensively the Skins are very good) although I do concede Zimmer did have the AP incident to deal with.

It is Lovie not Mike I was referring to and Wisenhunt is just bad.

I'm not going to attack Ryan as some folk are too sensitive. Suffice to say I think his brother is a rank average DC and I think the Saints are going backwards under his scheme. I agree with you on Fox, a vastly overrated man.

In fairness to Rob our defense is guilty of poor personnel management and severe underperforming more than anything else. Not much any DC could do in those circumstances. He's not the best, mind, but I think he's good enough.

And the Redskins offensively very good? I'm afraid I don't see that at all. They also aren't helped by being in what has surprisingly become quite a good division (at least last year).

It's partly Ryan's job to manage personnel not just play call and he's been pretty bad for the Saints.

As for the 'skins, they have RGIII, Garçon, Jackson, Grant, Morris in their corps and Williams and Chester on the O line. That's a lot better than a lot of teams. Their D is very average though.

I meant actual roster makeup. That's not his area.

Right, they have RGIII. So the rest is pretty moot.

I meant actual roster makeup. That's not his area.

Right, they have RGIII. So the rest is pretty moot.

I know the 'bounty gate' hit us hard too, but I do wonder about recruitment, it's not been the best of the past few seasons (Cooks aside)

Are you saying RGIII is just bad now? I also think Cousins has regressed as he should be the archetypal Tom Brady clone QB but just isn't anymore.

RGIII isn't terrible, it's just that his strengths (mobility, throwing on the run) have been severely compromised by injuries. He is also one injury away from being finished for good. If you're relying on him as your QB you'd better have a good Plan B. Other than Morris and DeSean the Redskins are woefully short on talent.

RG3 hasn't done shit since his rookie season. he can't stay healthy and has attitude/dedication problems

and the redskins put themselves back probably 5 years on the trade for him in the first place. classic redskins.

doesn't matter how much talent they buy in free agency, they'll have a hard time breaking .500.

Jesus wept. Jim sodding White covering the draft for Sky live from Chicago.

I mean the draft started at 1am GMT so it makes sense they'd send a shitty reporter. Even among NFL fans who's going to stay up til God knows when watching this shit?

I stayed up until about 1:45 then Sky+ it.

Anyone else seen the 49ers new alternate uniform? Black and red, looks quite cool IMO.

Why does the commissioner get booed every time he comes on stage?

I like that 49ers strip. I'm looking for a new one this season after I bought a Cowboys - Murray shirt last year, and now he's fucked off to Philly!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...probable-than-not-patriots-manipulated-balls/

Evidence points to Patriots guilty of deliberately cheating, Brady also knew about it. Let's see what cop out non punishment the Commish hands down. Very convenient that it comes out AFTER the draft. If Brady and Belichick don't get multiple game bans then it makes a mockery of Goodell's statements about "tarnishing the shield"... Put an * after their Superbowl win, they cheated to get there, blowout win against the Colts or not.

It looks convenient but you couldn't rightly tell the investigator to rush things just to be ahead of it.

The texts from the report are hysterical, though.

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a f----- balloon

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done

Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though

Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs f----- us...a few of then were at almost 16

Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them

McNally: F--- tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday

Jastremski: Omg! Spaz

It looks convenient but you couldn't rightly tell the investigator to rush things just to be ahead of it.

Yeah, I'm sure the 4 days since the draft ended made all the difference to the findings...

Back