• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

The way I had it was if it all went accordingly we'd get Italy in the quarters? I think we could make it third time lucky against them under Roy...

This is the most excited I've been about a tournament for a good while. I plan to watch as many games as I possibly can around work/ girlfriend commitments :D

Pretty much the same as myself then the reality is its pretty much a case of how long a piece of string is with England this summer nothing at all would surprise me in the slightest.

How many on here have got to work whilst England v Wales is being played.

Yep...On lates so start about 1-30 till 8-30pm

Yep...On lates so start about 1-30 till 8-30pm

Im working in Devon until 1600 with a bunch of non loving football fans, tried to talk them into an early finish but having non of it.

How many on here have got to work whilst England v Wales is being played.

Booked the day off!

But my Uncle is selfishly having a 70th birthday party on the night of the Russia game. FFS. I'm hoping there's a pub next door. They won't miss me for a couple of hours....

Is Wales the 2pm kick off?

I'll just watch it at work.

Is Wales the 2pm kick off?

I'll just watch it at work.

Yeah. I like watching England games in the pub as long as I'm with some friends. Which fortunately I will be.

Buffon is a legend but he has worried me in recent tournaments where he seems to have become more prone to gaffs. Italy using another keeper seems to be unspeakable but I have been wanting to see Salvatore Siragu used more. There's a young keeper at Milan, Gianluigi Donnarumma who is 17 and 6'5", great hopes for him in the future

Sirigu hasn't played much for PSG this season though, Trapp (who hasn't made the Germany squad, they've gone with dodgy Bernd Leno for some reason) has been number one. Pretty sure Buffon is the only player to make the squad for any country for both France 98 and Euro 2016.

As for watching England games in the pub, each to their own but that's on my list of things to actively avoid, not done it since about 2003. Rammed full wherever you go, shitty view to go with it invariably, full of absolute wazzocks who watch football once every two years at best but still feel they have to be the world's greatest and loudest authority on the subject, fuck that noise.

I will be trying the first game against Rusdia in my local as I quite like it there. If I hate it (which I could well do) will stick to watching at mine or a friends

Will be watching at home drinking my overpriced 2/3 measures.

Sirigu hasn't played much for PSG this season though, Trapp (who hasn't made the Germany squad, they've gone with dodgy Bernd Leno for some reason) has been number one. Pretty sure Buffon is the only player to make the squad for any country for both France 98 and Euro 2016.

As for watching England games in the pub, each to their own but that's on my list of things to actively avoid, not done it since about 2003. Rammed full wherever you go, shitty view to go with it invariably, full of absolute wazzocks who watch football once every two years at best but still feel they have to be the world's greatest and loudest authority on the subject, fuck that noise.

Well that totally depends where you go. I wouldn't go to any old bar for exactly those reasons.

Days booked off for England games, Train tickets already booked Glasgow to Carlisle 16th June.
in gods Country with beers in hand watching England, have the day after off as well :) Spend the morning playing golf and watching the other games

Have booked the afternoon of the wales game off. Tried to arrange to visit my mate in ynishir for it, as thought it'd be funny, but that plan didn't work out.
Agree with deutsch on not watching in pubs. Will watch from the comfort of my own armchair. That said, I used to enjoy the england games when I worked in a pub as a student.

Numerous wallcharts are confusing me, so would the forum please help? Are england likely to be involved in the QF on 30 June?

If we win the group and our last 16 game then yeah, we will be.

Cheers fella! I started confusing myself (as usual!)

Scratch that, I've confused myself :icon_lol:

We can only play in that QF if we finish 3rd in the group. Even then it'd be dependent on who else qualifies from 3rd place in the other groups.

Win group -> Last 16 on 25th June 5pm -> QF on 1st July 8pm
2nd in group -> Last 16 27th June 8pm -> QF on 3rd July 8pm
3rd in group -> Last 16 25th June 8pm/26th June 5pm -> QF on 30th June 8pm/2nd July 8pm

Days booked off for England games, Train tickets already booked Glasgow to Carlisle 16th June.

in gods Country with beers in hand watching England, have the day after off as well :) Spend the morning playing golf and watching the other games

Thought you'd be loud and proud in your local. No need to scurry off homeward tae think again.

I'll be in the pub with my Kane 9 England shirt winding up the locals. It's great fun watching them get so excited about England losing.

:icon_lol:
I feel better about frying my brain on it now!

Thought you'd be loud and proud in your local. No need to scurry off homeward tae think again.

I'll be in the pub with my Kane 9 England shirt winding up the locals. It's great fun watching them get so excited about England losing.

Seen the paddy power ad sam?

Back