• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

90 minutes results. P 7 won 1 Drawn 6 lost 0. How the hell is that championship winning form in any sport? 2 extra time wins, 1 penalty shootout and 3 draws from a boring side. Sorry I am in DWs camp on this. There has to be something wrong with the format IMHO If a team cannot win a group game yet progresses. France however must be kicking themselves for blowing it on home soil. Choke Choke

Italy won the World Cup in 82 after three draws in the group stage if I remember correctly.

And as for the "Portugal have only won one game inside in 90 minutes" nonsense: knockout football isn't played over 90 minutes.

Italy won the World Cup in 82 after three draws in the group stage if I remember correctly.

And as for the "Portugal have only won one game inside in 90 minutes" nonsense: knockout football isn't played over 90 minutes.

They then went into the next group beating Brazil and Argentina. They beat Poland 2 0 in the semis then West Germany 3 1. No comparison mate. They played some if the football of the tournament after scraping through the group and had Rossi scoring for fun.

I agree knockout football isn't won over 90 minutes but playing for extra time and penalties is a pretty shit boring tactic. Portugal pretty much stank their way through the tournament

90 minutes results. P 7 won 1 Drawn 6 lost 0. How the hell is that championship winning form in any sport? 2 extra time wins, 1 penalty shootout and 3 draws from a boring side. Sorry I am in DWs camp on this. There has to be something wrong with the format IMHO If a team cannot win a group game yet progresses. France however must be kicking themselves for blowing it on home soil. Choke Choke

They then went into the next group beating Brazil and Argentina. They beat Poland 2 0 in the semis then West Germany 3 1. No comparison mate. They played some if the football of the tournament after scraping through the group and had Rossi scoring for fun.

I agree knockout football isn't won over 90 minutes but playing for extra time and penalties is a pretty shit boring tactic. Portugal pretty much stank their way through the tournament

You appears to be at odds with yourself then.

You appears to be at odds with yourself then.

Oh come on! Portugal played no where near the standard required to win. Italy and Portugal were both very fortunate to progress from a group but in 1982 there was another round of group matches before the semi final.in no way does Portugal winning this compare to 1982.

Almost forgot i played portugal as winners at 20 times the money, sweet

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/12/euro-2020-bilbao-baku-more-minnows

The fuck is this qualifying idea :icon_lol:

fonz.jpg

I'm all for innovation but this is batshit mental.

I happen to like the international league idea but have a separate 'final' in an off year (2019) and leave qualifying as it is.

Oh come on! Portugal played no where near the standard required to win. Italy and Portugal were both very fortunate to progress from a group but in 1982 there was another round of group matches before the semi final.in no way does Portugal winning this compare to 1982.

not knocking what Italy did in '82 but they had an anti-football tactic of their own in claudio gentile. his job was to stop maradona and zico any way he could, and for the most part he did. probably over 20 fouls on each of them in the two games thanks to some very weak refereeing. that's what got them through those games and it certainly wasn't what anyone except lovers of hatchet men would consider beautiful football. he was very very effective, but would last about ten minutes playing that way these days.

Back