• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The OFFICIAL Womens World Cup Thread

playtheace

Reaction score
Here we go..
Hope everyone is excited.

I have my official Pannini Sticker book at the ready (no im not fucking joking)
Although im not sure why Wh Smiths sell the book and then have no boxes of fucking stickers???!

Fixture chart here.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2015/jun/05/womens-world-cup-canada-2015

Kicks off Saturday with the hosts (Canada of course) against China (11pm) and then
New Zealand v Holland (3 in the morning sunday)

u-s-a, u-s-a, u-s-a !!

hi-res-119300957_crop_north.jpg

brutal loss 4 years ago, lets pull through this time!

Took long for that thread to turn into this :icon_lol:

I watched the England friendly v Canada. After hearing how well Sampson was doing as England coach I was surprised at the poor showing, turgid stuff. Long balls into forwards who weren't really suited to holding the ball up, and very negative set up.

they have France first I believe who are one of the favourites. They'll have to play a lot better than the previous showing. That said, Fara Williams and Eni Aluko didn't start who are both key players.

I watched the England friendly v Canada. After hearing how well Sampson was doing as England coach I was surprised at the poor showing, turgid stuff. Long balls into forwards who weren't really suited to holding the ball up, and very negative set up.

Is she related to Dean Saunders?

Come on sweden..feel we have too many injuries though to threaten..

The goalkeepers will be awful. Worse than the fifties.:icon_wink:

Should be a cracking opening day. Bit past y'alls bedtime, innit?

Should be a cracking opening day. Bit past y'alls bedtime, innit?

Tegan and Sara opening the tournament....whats not to stop up for!

shame that Adriana Leon isnt in the starting 11 for Canaduh! though.
9715ac4713a95c68dd907c832bac8317.jpg

The China team in the Panini sticker book....fuckin hilarious.

panini-china-pr.jpg

Xu Yanlu is cute.

Shame on you all. Surely it is about their football ability, not their looks.

I agree. We dont want to be all po-faced about this, but seriously guys - if you're making statements that wouldnt seem strange coming from Sepp Blatters mouth then you probably want to reconsider your attitude...

Shame on you all. Surely it is about their football ability, not their looks.

With regards to China,i was talking about the fact that Panini have stuck different heads on the same body!

Canaduh get a 92nd minute pen to beat China 1-0 in front of 50,000+
Netherlands beat the Kiwis 1-0 thanks to Martens.
The matches are on earlier today..red button if your intetested.
Seeing interviews with a few different players its noticeable how women footballers seem more intelligent than their male equivalent...oh and they all looked at the interviewer.

Back