• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The OFFICIAL Womens World Cup Thread

Shame on you all. Surely it is about their football ability, not their looks.

Agreed. As said above. It didn't take long for it to descend into this either

Shame on you all. Surely it is about their football ability, not their looks.
As long as the football isn't being ignored I don't think it's unnatural to find some of them attractive.

Kom igjen, Norge!

Germans one nil up already. Could be a long evening for the Ivorians.

Germany two up, and you get the impression they could score almost at will.

Hope all the teams aren't as bad as ivory Coast. Mickey Mouse stuff.

So weird. They completely neglect the concept of defending, yet in possession their players are actually pretty good technically!

Could easily end up double figures

German efficiency shows itself again. A very one sided game.

Defintely tell that the Germans were full time professional footballers..some of the passing and movement was great.
However, the left back for Germany was so far up the field some times that a better team would have capitalised that space.
As it was, every time IC got a break they seem to be utterly shocked and the final ball was rushed or plain awful.
The Ivory Coast goalkeeper was a sight to see too, she made very decent saves and then threw the ball about 5 yards to the German forwards...quite hilarious.
Apparently 20000+ at the match and it was a 2for1 deal with the earlier Norway match. i seem to remember the Japanese doing this in the Mens World cup.

Nigeria look miles more competent than Cote d'Ivoire.

SUPER EAGLES

Nigeria look miles more competent than Cote d'Ivoire.

This match is by far the best of the World cup so far, Oshoala (plays for Liverpool) is a raw talent.
And just as i type she misses a sitter.

That'd be the "raw" part.

The ball seems to roll forever on these 3g pitches. Very unnatural.

Different, not necessarily worse. Although incredibly worse in terms of pain (you don't want to slide on this stuff, trust me).

The ball seems to roll forever on these 3g pitches. Very unnatural.

The complete opposite when I watched a bit of Canada v China the other night, it was like they were playing on a velcro pitch with an indoor ball. People getting the ball caught under their feet, routine passes coming up hopelessly short and the ball refusing to carry on the bounce, there was of course one exception, one of the Canada players was absolutely woeful, don't think she managed a single touch that sent the ball less than 10 yards bless her.

Seemed similar on one of the Toulon tournament games that I watched a bit of the other day too, 3G/4G pitches can vary wildly depending on the conditions and how they're maintained to be fair.

What a game.

Back