• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Open 2015

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
No McIlroy this year, but who out there can stop Jordan Speith. With the Masters and US Open already under his belt, can he add the Open to his tally?

Yes - he will win I reckon. Rose has a poor draw looking at the weather forecast.

Rose has been shafted there as I had him to do well this weekend. Tough to see past Spieth but I would like Rivkie Fowler to be up there on the final day. I like him as a golfer.

On the radio on Tuesday, Tiger said he thought he could win, but surely his time has gone?

Does Jordan Spieth hit long enough for St Andrews though?

I think Johnson will be in with a shout.

Spieth hit it all over 7,600 yards of Chambers Bay. Johnson will be right up there though.

Shane Lowry EW is where a few of my pennies have gone

Yes - he will win I reckon. Rose has a poor draw looking at the weather forecast.

I wouldn't say Rose has a bad draw. Wind is going to be up to 20mph tomorrow afternoon but could be up at 40mph on Friday when he has a 9:44 tee time.

Does Jordan Spieth hit long enough for St Andrews though?

I think Johnson will be in with a shout.

Spieth definitely hits it long enough. All about the weather the best this week and if he does handle it then he wins as he's the best golfer in the world right now.

Betfair paying out E/W on the top 8 for those interested.

Come on Stenson, win this please..

Spieth did well in the Masters in 2014 and had won at Chambers Bay before the US Open and his caddy knew the course very well. I don't think he has seen St Andrews until this week (apart from 1 round when he was 17).

Will be exceptional performance if he wins it, I have gone against him on Betfair (so come on everyone else!).

Rose has been shafted there as I had him to do well this weekend. Tough to see past Spieth but I would like Rivkie Fowler to be up there on the final day. I like him as a golfer.

Can't stand Fowler's ridiculous hats so I don't want him to win. Speith for me.

Not seen much today unfortunately, but it looks very tight at the top. So far the course is being kind to the players. But that can change.

As for Tiger, yet again he looked all at sea.

Not seen much today unfortunately, but it looks very tight at the top. So far the course is being kind to the players. But that can change.

As for Tiger, yet again he looked all at sea.

I couldn't disagree more, that was tough out there this evening, a beast of a wind and the 17th was nearly unplayable.

Biblical weather this morning for everyone to contend with, Spieth and Johnson not out until 6 o clock tonight ish. The whole challenge is about as far removed from US target golf as is possible to get. Hats off to anyone who can shoot a low score today.

I am no expert on golf, but it seems strange that there is no play due to wind. Does this happen often, as I cannot recall it happening before?

It doesn't happen often. Generally the rule is that if the ball moves during your putting stroke without interference then the wind is too strong.

At 40mph the balls were being blown all over the green to the point where players couldn't mark them. Pretty dangerous really hitting balls into that wind.

Back