• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

RIP Captain Sir Tom

Whilst the level of fundraising was partly media hype induced, his determination, spirit and attitude to life was inspirational

Christopher Plummer best known for being in the sound of music, and also the oldest actor to win an Oscar aged 91

Ezra Moseley. West Indian fast bowler in the late 80s early 90s died in a car crash today

Leon Spinks aged 67 best known for defeating Muhammad Ali in 1978

Used to see him all the time, pottering around on his boat in Portishead marina. Lovely guy.

Also had a lovely penthouse apartment, so Corrie paid well.

Ian St John. Enjoyed watching him play towards the end of his career and also loved the Saint and Greavsie show later on

Very sad. A staple of my childhood.

Bowl of Big Soup (eat all that and you'll grow up to be a big strong lad) and a crusty cob, Saint and Greavsie, then up to the ground to queue outside early as we needed to get on the back row so I could see properly owing to being about 3'2'' at the time. That was every other Saturday in the late 80s for me.

I hate this getting old lark! All your childhood favourites leave us! RIP saint. Not bad for a jock !

Bunny wailer, one of Bob marleys backing band aged 73

Chris Barber, one of the key figures in British jazz, has died aged 90.

Joey Benjamin aged 60 (Warks and England)

Back