• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Valery Polyakov aged 80, russian cosmonaut who holds the record for the longest single time in space, 437 days consecutively aboard the Mir space station

While I’m here,
Vyvyan Howard aged 102, ex POW in Stalag Luft 3, immortalised in the films the great escape and the wooden horse he was one of the vaulters in the camp who continually jumped over the wooden horse to hide the tunnel entrance underneath.

Valery Polyakov aged 80, russian cosmonaut who holds the record for the longest single time in space, 437 days consecutively aboard the Mir space station
Did he fall off a tall building?

Dame Hilary Mantell, author of the wolf hall trilogy aged 70

Never really been into rap music, but his main hit 'Gansta's Paradise' will always be remembered.

At my wife's 40th birthday party in an upstairs function room at the local pub (approx 90 in attendance) my 16 yr old son persuaded his 9 yr old brother to ask the DJ for that as a request on the basis it would get everyone up dancing.

Didn't & the floor cleared within 10 seconds :p

probably only because they knew she was approaching the end of her life sadly, which weakens the strength of the apology.

Loretta Lynn, singer of both types of music, country and western, aged 90

Phil Read, multiple motorcycle world champion and TT winner.
Pretty famous in the 60s when motorcycle racing was quite rock n roll, dicing with the likes of Mike Hailwood and Giacomo Agostini.
Quite a controversial character back in the day.

John Duncan. Manager of chesterfield during their late 90s FA Cup run.

Angela Lansbury best known for murder she wrote aged 96

Back