• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Same disease as took my Dad 43 years ago at about the same age - would have hoped that medical science had moved on though clearly not & his wasn't the best end though all who looked after him did their best.

Wasn't really a Smith's fan as my musical background is some 10 years earlier - have listened to some today & he was a seriously good musician.
I also lost my dad to pancreatic cancer. It’s a vile, ruthless disease and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

I knew a guy at work who got it. Very low chance of survival with pancreatic, and he was gone within 3 months.

I knew a guy at work who got it. Very low chance of survival with pancreatic, and he was gone within 3 months.
Same amount of time for my Dad - had to abandon my family (inc a 1 yr old son) to go and live with with my Mum so she could get to the hospital daily as she didn't drive. Managed to get the little one in once so he could meet his Grandad and don't think my Dad ever worked out how bad his situation was though the rest of us knew.

This was over 40 yrs ago & I would have hoped that we had managed to move forward - not sure we have

Martin Amis novelist aged 73 of oesophageal cancer

Marta Wise 88, another Auschwitz survivor,
Arrested aged 10 in November 1944, after living under an assumed name for 2 years with a non Jewish family in Slovakia
Survived Dr Mengeles experiments on her by pure luck she said.
Holocaust one step closer to passing out of living history.

Cynthia Weil aged 82, legendary songwriter.
You’ve never heard of her, what makes her legendary?
Only the most played song of the 20century that’s what.
The song.

You’ve lost that loving feeling, and we’ve all sang along to it badly in the car at some point, yes you have, don’t lie.

Strong collaboration with Barry Mann, a really prolific songwriter. I`m very old.

Jim Hines athlete, aged 76, first man to run 100 metres in under 10 seconds (9.95) he did this at the 1968 olympics and the record stood for 15 years.

Double gold medal winner at the 68 Olympics. He also went on to play wide receiver for the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs.

Astrud Gilberto 83, boss a nova singer best known for the girl from Ipanema

Back