• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Relegation Surrender

FFS Liverpool. 3 points adrift now with the GD and I don’t see us winning either of the next 2. Lots of the midtable teams play each other next 2 so plenty of points to go around.

We need to win next week. Otherwise we’re going to be 3-4 points plus GD away from safety. That’s 2 wins to get back in touch…

I’ve resigned myself to us being relegated so anything better is a bonus.
To much has to change to quickly for us to survive.

w86gx02.png

This is all a bit doom and gloom for me, things aint great, but we got the manager we wanted and there is plenty of the season still to go.
whatever happened to patience and belief

Yeah, we need to give Lopetegui some time...

Every post on this thread (bar the graph I just posted) is from before we appointed Lopetegui or indeed before it was revealed we were back in talks with him.

As I alluded to in the Leeds verdict thread, I'm a bit more hopeful now. The senior players showed enough last night to suggest they've still got it in them, along with JLs appointment and him bringing the backroom staff he wants and hopefully a few reinforcements in January gives me a bit of hope.

As I alluded to in the Leeds verdict thread, I'm a bit more hopeful now. The senior players showed enough last night to suggest they've still got it in them, along with JLs appointment and him bringing the backroom staff he wants and hopefully a few reinforcements in January gives me a bit of hope.

By beating a Leeds reserve side 1-0.

By beating a Leeds reserve side 1-0.
More than the performance and result, I was talking about the effort and general demeanour.
I'm under no illusions as to the size of the challenge but I'm fed up of me (and others) wallowing in negativity, so I'm looking for positives without getting carried away.

This is all a bit doom and gloom for me, things aint great, but we got the manager we wanted and there is plenty of the season still to go.
whatever happened to patience and belief
Always believed in you Pav you cantankerous bastard, but it's taken a long time to bear fruit...

So, no comments here since November. With the transfer window about to slam shut, am wondering about people’s view now!!!

If we go down it won't be the "surrender" we may have expected at one point, but we're not close to being out of the woods.

Back