• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Relegation Surrender

Lupollet

Formerly Streetly Wolf
Reaction score
If Bruno were to stay then relegation with the least goals scored ever will be guaranteed.

Luckily, he won’t be staying. Jeff has to sack him now. We are more likely to score goals and get points if he is in Portugal.

However, we don’t have enough goals in this team to stay up.

Even the media have stopped saying ‘wolves are too good to go down’ and started saying ‘wolves are in relegation fight.

Can Diego Costa score enough goals to keep us in touch until January? (Nobody else is going to).

Will be be able to afford £50m plus for a striker to keep us up in January, and if we can, will he be prepared to come for a relegation dogfight?

Last edited:
Under a proper coach with an actual attacking plan, there is goals in this side.

We won't be signing a striker for £50m in January, that's an actual guarantee

This bloke's a WUM.
Are you referring to me? On what basis do you say that? (I’ve been a wolves fan and regular at molineux since the early 1970s and this is my opinion) We are staring relegation in the face and we have very few options to change things. Are you thinking that’s not the case?

50million isnt needed. Look at the goals Bournemouth got under Howe, when they had guys like King get to double figures and then lot of other contributions get to 5+. Went wrong the second year but again Wilder first season, the forward they deployed was an "engager" or link player and wasn't there just for goals.

A competent manager won't come close to relegating us.

You'd need to have a Solbakken -> Saunders style transition for it to happen. Though I don't think Lage deserves to be ranked above Solbakken.

Yup absolutely not. Not popular at Wolves but Solbakken has continued to do decent enough things as a manager at least.

I just don't see where goals are going to come from, whoever is in charge. As I said above, possibly Costa, but I'd be surprised if we get 10 goals from anywhere else.

Are you referring to me? On what basis do you say that? (I’ve been a wolves fan and regular at molineux since the early 1970s and this is my opinion) We are staring relegation in the face and we have very few options to change things. Are you thinking that’s not the case?
We are 8 games into the season, we are not staring relegation in the face ffs

We are 8 games into the season, we are not staring relegation in the face ffs
As I said before, where are goals coming from? We're going to need Podence and Guedes to start scoring and they don't look like scoring in a month of Sundays.

Podence has 2 goals this season

Podence had three good strikes yesterday, albeit from longish range. Adama put three great crosses in for Costa. Nunes and Ait Nouri both had good chances. If a new manager can get Raul and Neto fit and showing some enthusiasm. And also start playing round pegs in round holes, goals will come and we'll be ok.

I agree Costa was encouraging, I’ve had it with Podence and giving the ball away…

I thought Podence had a reasonable game. Jonny was the one giving the ball away

Perked up a bit when Costa came on too and tried to make a few things happen

Back