• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Relegation Surrender

I thought Podence had a reasonable game. Jonny was the one giving the ball away
Not sure how well it came across on TV, but Kilman was having a bit of a mare in the passing dept. Time and time again, he went for long passes that were significantly overhit. Coady he aint.

Not sure how well it came across on TV, but Kilman was having a bit of a mare in the passing dept. Time and time again, he went for long passes that were significantly overhit. Coady he aint.
Think Saturday was just the culmination of confused coaching, tactics and everyone was having a bit of a mare.

Podence has been a nightmare ever since he’s been here - one flick to many.

Since his injury Neto has been worse. Get the ball and shoot it into the legs of a defender two yards away.

I can see how a coach can get Neto back to how he was (current injury permitting) but it’s just part of Podence’s dna. He’ll never change we really have to acknowledge that and build around it.

Podence has been a nightmare ever since he’s been here - one flick to many.

Since his injury Neto has been worse. Get the ball and shoot it into the legs of a defender two yards away.

I can see how a coach can get Neto back to how he was (current injury permitting) but it’s just part of Podence’s dna. He’ll never change we really have to acknowledge that and build around it.
I'm not Podence biggest fan, too many histrionics for me, but what I will say is over the past season and a half of turgid attacking play, he is the one player willing to take a gamble and try and be progressive, decent finisher too.

Podence has always struck me as the kind of flair player who can elevate a decent team, while also not actually being good enough to drag a poorly performing team upwards single-handedly. He's a seasoning, not a main ingredient.

I thought this thread was jumping the gun a bit and probably should be renamed the relegation battle.
Let’s work on the proviso a PPG 38 points keeps you up (40 pts is the biggest myth)
So we need 9 more wins and 5 draws.

We’ve butchered so many points already this season.
I’d say we’re already 7 short of where we should be.

38 pt target so far I'd say we are only 2 off, 3 if you turn Leeds to a draw. It's a pathetic goal, but we aren't that far behind it

Win
Southampton, Fulham
Draw
Newcastle, Bournemouth
Lose
Chelsea, Spurs, City, Leeds, West Ham

On a seperate note for the first time the cash out offer for us going down is more than the stake

Last edited:
Ignoring individual players, the squad is totally unbalanced. A team of midfielders can neither score enough goals nor keep enough out. The problem has gone beyond the lack of a goalscorer. It's not that a total rebuild is needed but a serious overhaul definitely is.
Being on the pessimistic side, I think that January will be too late.

Hoddle, trouble Doyle and Nouble.
Dan Burn and Raul done, sub him.

Back