• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Relegation Surrender

Just done the Premier League predictor I have us finishing on 27 points and 6 adrift of safety. Scoring 22 goals,

Stealing this verbatim from reddit, but it’s too depressing not to inflict on others - this is our form over the last full season’s worth of 38 games:
  • 11-8-19
  • 41 points
  • 31 goals scored
  • 49 goals allowed
  • -18 goal difference

It's not pleasant but I'd take that as the end result for this season currently. I really can't see us getting 40 points right now. Right now we're on track to score about half the number of goals as well.

It's not pleasant but I'd take that as the end result for this season currently. I really can't see us getting 40 points right now. Right now we're on track to score about half the number of goals as well.
We are all aware we can't score more than one goal. We have a lopsided squad with too many pygmies in it. We need Dyche in and a complete overhaul of the squad. As it stands we racing to relegation

We are all aware we can't score more than one goal. We have a lopsided squad with too many pygmies in it. We need Dyche in and a complete overhaul of the squad. As it stands we racing to relegation
The same Dyche who left Burnley in 19th and wouldn't know what to do with a ball player like Neves?

The same Dyche who left Burnley in 19th and wouldn't know what to do with a ball player like Neves?
It will be boring in the short term but we need some grit in the side. The priority is to stay up this season. Some of us remember the relegation of the 80s as well as only a few years back. These are the exact same signs as in both of those scenarios.

It will be boring in the short term but we need some grit in the side. The priority is to stay up this season. Some of us remember the relegation of the 80s as well as only a few years back. These are the exact same signs as in both of those scenarios.

Get a snotter in to win the midfield battle.

I haven't got a clue how these players are gonna survive Millwall away when they can't fight in the comfort of the PL.

Dyche is fucking shit.

We really don't need his brand of 'football' at all.

I'm not sure what remembering relegations 40 odd years ago has to do with anything though.

Stealing this verbatim from reddit, but it’s too depressing not to inflict on others - this is our form over the last full season’s worth of 38 games:
  • 11-8-19
  • 41 points
  • 31 goals scored
  • 49 goals allowed
  • -18 goal difference
That looks less grim than I would have expected. 11 wins and 31 goals? Heady days, indeed.

That looks less grim than I would have expected. 11 wins and 31 goals? Heady days, indeed.
A lot of stuff got papered over under Lage.

The 11 wins are:

Brighton (A)
Man Utd (A)
Southampton (H)
Brentford (A)
Tottenham (A)
Leicester (H)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Southampton (H)
Nottm Forest (H)

I've bolded the ones where we actually played well. Brighton and Everton can have half marks each as we were quite good in the second half after an appalling first half.

I get why a team in the relegation zone would look at Dyche and appoint him, so from a helicopter viewpoint I get the logic. I think he could go to a Leeds team who have legs and the ability to battle, organise them and keep them up.

I don't see how you could look at our squad and think yep Dyche is the man. Given our Summer spend, irrespective of what you think of the quality, I don't see much of a budget in Jan, so this is the squad whoever comes in has to work with plus maybe a couple of additions

A lot of stuff got papered over under Lage.

The 11 wins are:

Brighton (A)
Man Utd (A)
Southampton (H)
Brentford (A)
Tottenham (A)
Leicester (H)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Southampton (H)
Nottm Forest (H)

I've bolded the ones where we actually played well. Brighton and Everton can have half marks each as we were quite good in the second half after an appalling first half.
Tongue firmly in cheek tbf

The number of wins is surprising, I'm sure, precisely because even in those wins we probably didn't show anything that looked sustainable.

I get why a team in the relegation zone would look at Dyche and appoint him, so from a helicopter viewpoint I get the logic. I think he could go to a Leeds team who have legs and the ability to battle, organise them and keep them up.

I don't see how you could look at our squad and think yep Dyche is the man. Given our Summer spend, irrespective of what you think of the quality, I don't see much of a budget in Jan, so this is the squad whoever comes in has to work with plus maybe a couple of additions

Kinda agree on the first bit as well

Not sure Dyche looks at our squad and last few games and thinks he is the man either tbh

FFS Liverpool. 3 points adrift now with the GD and I don’t see us winning either of the next 2. Lots of the midtable teams play each other next 2 so plenty of points to go around.

We need to win next week. Otherwise we’re going to be 3-4 points plus GD away from safety. That’s 2 wins to get back in touch…

Back