• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Relegation Surrender

That lineup makes me want to vomit.

Saw this on twitter, personally I’d be cashing in on Kilman - don’t think he’s worth anything like what people are claiming.

View attachment 6218

That side would be bottom half championship. Would need a minimum of 5 additions to make it even challenge.

Our £35m striker in the championship…

What a club

If we’re lucky we might scrape a point v Brighton leaving us on 10 points going into the World Cup. We’ll probably be adrift by then, the only thing that can possibly save us is that World Cup disrupts teams above and ours come back refreshed. I doubt it a lot though.

Could post this on any number of threads.

Everything that is currently going on is of our own making, poor decision followed by poor decision.

There are numerous errors, and I won't list them all or even get into the transfer policy of the last few years. But appointing Lage, not sacking him in May, letting him gut the squad of all leadership, before sacking him (too late again) - the failed managerial chases, keeping Davis. The list goes on

The Davis situation is ridiculous. I said to a couple of folk pre match, if we get humped 3 or 4 today how can we keep him? The point of a caretaker is to keep things ticking over until a new manager comes in. Not make things worse.

The club made a ridiculous statement the other day, saying he's here into 2023. What's the point of announcing it???? You've backed yourself into a corner now. You either keep Davis and we get more results like today and it looks stupid. Or you row back and make an appointment this week, so look stupid for making the statement.

There was no need for it.

Nothing against Davis, I'm sure he's a great bloke and obviously loves Wolves. But so am I, and so do I, and I'm not capable of managing a Premier League team either.

Why our board are arrogant enough to think we can keep throwing away games and it will all be fine, I'll never know. You need to earn points in this league, and wasting winnable games in the first 6 with Lage, and wasting winnable games now with Davis is incompetent.

There are rotten issues throughout the club, and major changes needed everywhere. But the most pressing is finding an actual manager to sort out the playing side, and start getting some points on the board.

Just have to hope that Fosun / Guo are seeing this failure and react. This season is over, I fear what will happen next season in the championship too.

Everything that is currently going on is of our own making, poor decision followed by poor decision.

There are numerous errors, and I won't list them all or even get into the transfer policy of the last few years. But appointing Lage, not sacking him in May, letting him gut the squad of all leadership, before sacking him (too late again) - the failed managerial chases, keeping Davis. The list goes on

The Davis situation is ridiculous. I said to a couple of folk pre match, if we get humped 3 or 4 today how can we keep him? The point of a caretaker is to keep things ticking over until a new manager comes in. Not make things worse.

The club made a ridiculous statement the other day, saying he's here into 2023. What's the point of announcing it???? You've backed yourself into a corner now. You either keep Davis and we get more results like today and it looks stupid. Or you row back and make an appointment this week, so look stupid for making the statement.

Nothing against Davis, I'm sure he's a great bloke and obviously loves Wolves. But so am I, and so do I, and I'm not capable of managing a Premier League team either.

Why our board are arrogant enough to think we can keep throwing away games and it will all be fine, I'll never know. You need to earn points in this league, and wasting winnable games in the first 6 with Lage, and wasting winnable games now with Davis is incompetent.

There are rotten issues throughout the club, and major changes needed everywhere. But the most pressing is finding an actual manager to sort out the playing side, and start getting some points on the board.
I think you're a great bloke too Trips

Don't want to excuse him as he's a piss poor manager, but did Lage actually gut the squad or was it Sellars, Shi or a combination of all 3?

I think Lage has more football knowledge than the other two clowns combined, he just didn't have a hope of leading a team

Don't want to excuse him as he's a piss poor manager, but did Lage actually gut the squad or was it Sellars, Shi or a combination of all 3?

I think Lage has more football knowledge than the other two clowns combined, he just didn't have a hope of leading a team

Lage wasn't ever about the recruitment. Nuno knocked Guedes and Hwang back whilst Lage waved them through. Lage was a yes man who in theory suited all parties, the issue being none understood the PL isn't just an exercise in belief

Not sure how well it came across on TV, but Kilman was having a bit of a mare in the passing dept. Time and time again, he went for long passes that were significantly overhit. Coady he aint.
I said it in the comms thread, he's been dismal for as long as I can remember. Not only do I think we've overrated him, his chronic lack of consistency is seemingly perennially glossed over.

Coady could also see his form drop off. Maybe not as much as Kilman, but the biggest problem is whilst last season we always had options (and the safety net of a five), this season if Kilman's form drops off like it has, we have nothing. They weren't especially great options, but they were something - fresh legs, players who wanted to play. Not that I'd trust our current management team to know which players need resting and rotating especially

The issue is the two together, individually fine in the main, neither a leader.

986F6A65-5484-46B5-B5BE-3C1E54FFC67F.jpegI saw this on another thread. It sums up the current position beautifully.

Lage wasn't ever about the recruitment. Nuno knocked Guedes and Hwang back whilst Lage waved them through. Lage was a yes man who in theory suited all parties, the issue being none understood the PL isn't just an exercise in belief
Lage was dreadful and should have gone in May. It seems pretty clear that those above wanted Lage to behave like a well trained puppy and the fact he did probably explains why he wasn’t sacked then. If he was offered Nunes and Guedes or nothing else what was he supposed to do. Easy to say resign but he wasn’t really in a strong enough position to do so.

Regardless of who becomes our new coach/manager the way we recruit needs to change. We should go to Mendes if one of his players fits our requirements, not ask him what he’s got on special offer.

Every side in this league will outscore us and outfight us currently.
We’re a classic example of what happens when you get complacent and put an absolute buffoon in charge of first team affairs for to long.

Back